Senior Specialist, Export Compliance
Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
Senior Specialist, Export Compliance will be responsible to ensure export regulations are properly followed including the Export Administration Regulations (EAR), the Foreign Trade Regulations (FTR) and other relevant trade compliance laws and regulations. Oversee key functions of the export trade compliance program including classification, restricted party screening and export documentation compliance.
- Primary duties will include the administration and oversight of the company’s restricted party screening program and compliance to export control processes.
- Escalation point person for restricted party screening.
- Manage Company’s AES self-filer compliance and perform training and advisory role
- Understand U.S. import and export laws and regulations including but not limited to the Customs Regulations, EAR and FTR;
- Maintain and update all policies, procedures and trainings related to trade compliance with specific emphasis on the export compliance program;
- Support classification effort of all new and existing parts under the Commerce Control List;
- Work with the sales and manufacturing divisions on prohibited party screening, and antiboycott analysis;
- Assist overseas affiliate distributors on export compliance process including shipment review, licensing and training;
- Ensure our databases are updated with proper information.
- Audit EEI records, classifications and other trade compliance information to confirm its accuracy;
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 5-7 years of demonstrated trade regulatory experience
- Experience with the EAR and FTR
- Travel 20%
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self -motivated
- Experience in making presentations for training / meetings
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with SAP, Oracle a plus
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented
We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus requires all new hires to be “fully vaccinated” against COVID-19, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), on or before their first day of work. Individuals who have been offered employment who have a disability, medical condition, or sincerely-held religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated against COVID-19 are required to request and be granted a reasonable accommodation prior to their first day of work.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus Corporation of the Americas, a wholly owned subsidiary of Olympus Corporation, is headquartered in Center Valley, Pennsylvania, USA, and employs more than 5,500 employees throughout locations in North and South America. For more information, visit www.olympusamerica.com.
Olympus…True to You. True to Society. True to LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Pennsylvania (US-PA) || Center Valley ||
Your application has been successfully submitted.