Release Import Analyst
Full Job Description
Release Import Analyst
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: MI Taylor MI - US025
This position acts as the primary support for the release pool to ensure quality and productivity standards are met. As a member of the release operations team, this position assists Release Classification Analysts (RCA) and Import Specialists (IS) in ensuring that all entries are processed on time and within LII service standards to ensure clients' complete satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists RCA's and IS's to ensure all entries are processed on time and within LII service standards to ensure clients; complete satisfaction. Assists team members in managing their work load to meet commitments.
- Proactively verifies documentation and or accuracy of information on documents or parts database.
- May be required to contact the Client Import Analyst directly for missing documentation, information and/or instructions.
- Provide technical expertise to team members.
- Assists team members with on-the-job training.
- Conduct periodic checks to ensure accurate application of tariff and valuation along with proper selection of client/importer information.
- Responsible to conduct documented internal audit.
- Assists Manager in compiling and reporting performance measurement statistics for the Client Service Team.
- Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day operations of the team, including setting priorities, organizing and scheduling work, coordinating with others, problem-solving and decision-making, participating in meetings and handling special projects.
- Proactively coordinate and implement electronic data relationships to gain efficiencies and improve one-step processing.
- Must keep abreast of new systems developments
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Client Service Oriented – interpersonal skills with internal/external clients and coworkers
- Demonstrated knowledge of company policies and procedures
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Office (word & excel) and data entry skills
- Good analytical skills with problem-solving ability
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced team environment while handling large volumes of work and meeting tight deadlines
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Working towards/or successful completion of the Certified Customs Specialists (CCS) designation with the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) or the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) is a requirement, if not already obtained.
Successful completion of the CCS examination is a mandatory requirement for further advancement.
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Leading and Developing
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.