Principal Specialist, Global Trade - REMOTE
Full Job Description
At Raytheon Missiles & Defense (RMD), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
Raytheon Technologies Corporation (RTX), Raytheon Missile & Defense (RMD) has an outstanding career opportunity to support the RMD Global Trade function. This organization plays a critical role in the successful execution of International Contracts and allows programs to remain compliant with the U.S. Government in all of our global business transactions. This opportunity provides exposure and visibility in the field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global growth and success.
The Global Trade Principal Specialist position reports to the Global Trade Licensing Manager for the Land Warfare and Air Defense Mission Area programs.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work in a high-energy, fast-paced environment, developing relationships with internal customers and collaborating with multiple business functions for success. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Being responsible for working with the Global Trade Manager and/or Empowered Official to develop export and import strategies for the international marketing, sales, support, offshore procurement and manufacturing of defense and dual use articles;
- Developing licensing plans and provides guidance for complex licensing strategy and program planning;
- Being responsible for providing consistent interpretation under the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations (OFAC) and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms (ATF) regulations to Business Unit employees;
- Contributing to preparing, submitting, tracking, obtaining and managing from the U.S. government, all necessary export and import licenses, permits, certifications, and technology release determinations – to include Technical Assistance Agreements (TAA), Manufacturing License Agreements (MLAs) and other export license authorization types by:
- Working closely with internal customers to develop export and import approvals that allow for the efficient export of technology, technical data, hardware, and services;
- Ensuring review of the scope of the effort with the applicable functions, stakeholders and the foreign parties prior to submittal,
- Obtaining signed agreements and other required documentations from foreign parties (e.g., DSP-83s, ITAR NDAs, etc.) as applicable,
- Providing status updates to the programs/stakeholders for awareness,
- Reviewing approvals to ensure execution and deliverables are considered,
- Responsible for managing day-to-day execution of agreements and licenses with oversight by Global Trade Manager, or Empowered Official, ensuring compliance for all activities under the agreements and licenses, and
- Monitoring authorizations for any changes effecting the authorizations and taking action upon knowledge of the change.
- Assuring regulatory compliance through review and approval of foreign travel, foreign visits and export and import transactions;
- Maintaining applicable trade compliance records in accordance with regulatory requirements;
- Contribute to learning and audit assessment programs to ensure implementation and effectiveness of internal controls;
- Assisting in identifying compliance concerns to the Manager, Global Trade Operations Compliance, by identifying errors and areas requiring improvement and implementing corrective actions to resolve problems.
- Supporting management in investigating and resolving compliance matters, audits and investigations;
- Applying international trade regulations to real-life situations to enable international business to support programs;
- Being able to handle complex licensing issues - permanent and temporary export licenses, temporary import licenses (unclassified and classified) that arise;
- Developing and deliver training as required for employees engaged in international business activities; and
- Acting as a resource for entry-level export/import licensing personnel.
Qualifications you must have:
- BS/BA Degree, or equivalent years of experience
- 5 years of professional work experience in Global Trade or related field
- Broad Export/Import experience and increasing responsibility (licenses, agreements, compliance, and transactional activities and application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs))
- Experience in international business, contracts, supply chain, engineering or other, relevant discipline
- Some travel may be required
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Able to obtain DOD security clearance
Qualifications we value:
- 6-8 years of experience in the application of regulations (ITAR, EAR, Customs)
- Experience with ITAR and EAR in high volume environments
- Experience with Technical Assistance Agreement (TAA) and Manufacturing Licensing Agreement (MLA) preparation/administration
- Knowledge of Export Control Reform (ECR) and familiarization with Jurisdiction Classification Assessments
- Strong time management, prioritization, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to meet deadlines and achieve desired results
- Problem solver, able to work under time sensitive circumstances, collaboratively or independently
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with multiple business functions for success
- Strong communicator to develop and conduct stand-up training
- Sincere interest in field of Export Import operations and its strategic impact on global success
- Excellent customer relation/interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-starter who can develop effective networks with internal customers
- Willing to take on challenges and accept stretch assignments
- Detail-oriented with strong sense of urgency
- Ability and desire to learn, growth mindset
- Proven problem solver with record of strong follow-through for success
- Raytheon 6 Sigma Specialist (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of D-Trade, SNAP-R, OCR EASE and/or SAP/GTS systems
Employee Referral Award Eligibility: Only employees currently within RMD and RI&S have the potential to receive a Referral Award for submitting a referral to RMD and RI&S roles. ALL eligibility requirements must be met (see guidelines) to receive the Referral Award.
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits we offer include parental (including paternal) leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.