Full Job Description
Location: Remote, USA
Our mission is to unlock human potential. We welcome you for who you are, the background you bring, and we embrace individuals who get excited about learning. Bring your experiences, your perspectives, and your passion; it’s in our differences that we empower the way the world learns.
About the Role:
The Editorial Assistant is an exciting opportunity for an analytically-minded, process-focused person with a passion for books to join a leading global trade book publisher. This wide-ranging position will play editorial and administrative support for authors and editors in the financial and investment space. It is an excellent opportunity for someone seeking a career in publishing to learn all aspects of the business.
How you will make an impact:
- Liaison with authors on all details of the book publication process
- Support editors and work closely with Wiley colleagues in multiple departments around the world on all aspects of the book publication process from contract through cover design and publication/marketing
- Update and maintain accurate data on books in all Wiley systems
- Revise and edit book proposals for review and approval
- Assist in book production, including leading cover design, proofreading covers, and editing marketing copy
- Maintain book publication schedules and manage details for approximately 40 books per year
- Perform general office duties and provide clerical support including handling routine correspondence, maintaining files, records, and databases, processing rejection letters, checking requests, award nominations, and other routine forms
What we look for:
- Bachelor's degree
- High energy and enthusiasm with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to balance many projects simultaneously, efficiently, and accurately
- Excellent proofreading, attention to detail and experience with MS Office
- A team player with the ability to build internal & external relationships with departments, authors and stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to take initiative and problem-solve creatively
- Strong time management skills
- Some publishing or business experience; interest in trade publishing and/or financial subject areas is a plus
Enabling Discovery, Powering Education, Shaping Workforces.
We clear the way for seekers of knowledge: illuminating the path forward for research and education, tearing down barriers to society’s advancement, and giving seekers the help they need to turn their steps into strides.
Wiley may have been founded over two centuries ago, but our secret to success remains the same: our people. We are willing to challenge the status quo, move the needle, and be innovative. Wiley’s headquarters are located in Hoboken, New Jersey, with operations across the globe in more than 40 countries.
Wiley is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We evaluate all qualified applicants and treat all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. Wiley is also committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact email@example.com for assistance.
When applying, please attach your resume/CV to be considered.
Management Level ID:
Your application has been successfully submitted.