Trade Operations Lead - Hybrid
who we are
lululemon is an innovative performance apparel company for yoga, running, training, and other athletic pursuits. Setting the bar in technical fabrics and functional design, we create transformational products and experiences that support people in moving, growing, connecting, and being well. We owe our success to our innovative product, emphasis on stores, commitment to our people, and the incredible connections we make in every community we're in. As a company, we focus on creating positive change to build a healthier, thriving future. In particular, that includes creating an equitable, inclusive and growth-focused environment for our people.
about this team
The Global Trade Compliance team is an integral part of lululemon's supply chain and is responsible for supporting import/export operations throughout our global network. The team contributes to lululemon's success by ensuring efficient and on-time customs clearance of lululemon products, while leveraging duty optimization strategies and ensuring compliance with international trade laws and regulations. The Trade and Compliance Lead will collaborate with team members and partners to drive trade compliance through process changes, leveraging technology and rectifying process gaps to maximize global import efficiency.
a day in the life
- Support the day-to-day operation with complicated inquiries and help to prioritize workload
- Ensure all processes (SOP's, desk instructions, etc...) are documented, updated, and communicated properly
- Lead or engage in weekly team, internal department, and Broker meetings
- Support the Operations Manager in process improvements or initiatives
- Always ensure compliance by referencing government regulations, internal policies, Broker policies, etc...
- Audit monthly duty spend and ensure support is provided to accounting
- Provide input and potential resolution to the Inbound Logistics team and Logistics Service Provider when a shipment(s) has arrived and is unable to clear Customs/CBSA
- US Customs Brokerage License, preferred
- 3 - 6 years min. of related experience in import operations
- Technical expertise in import compliance
- Knowledge of air, ocean, and truck transport
- Knowledge of Incoterms
- Effective interpersonal skills, including ability to comprehend effectively and communicate clearly
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Acknowledge the presence of choice in every moment and take personal responsibility for your life.
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit and continuously innovate to achieve great results.
- Communicate with honesty and kindness and create the space for others to do the same.
- Lead with courage, knowing the possibility of greatness is bigger than the fear of failure.
- Foster connection by putting people first and building trusting relationships.
- Integrate fun and joy as a way of being and working, aka doesn’t take yourself too seriously.
Your application has been successfully submitted.