Lead, Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
About L3Harris Technologies:
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Job Title: Sr. Specialist, Trade Compliance
Job Code: SAS20221609-90623
Job Location: Palm Bay, FL or remote
- Conducts ITAR and EAR export jurisdiction and classification order of reviews of hardware, software and technical data
- Provides export classifications to support international shipments and export authorization applications
- Conducts custom classifications (HTS and Schedule B)
- Performs review and provides approval of technical data transfers to international third parties
- Performs review and provides approval for L3Harris information placed in the public domain
- Performs review of products for CT/CPI equities
- Implementation of trade compliance policies in accordance with U.S. Export Regulations.
- Participates in the planning and execution of Trade Compliance audits
- Develops and deploys training
- Completes annual SME training
- Identify and recommends process improvements
- Reports to the Senior Manager, Trade Compliance in the Space Systems sector of L3Harris, Space and Airborne Systems
- Determine and document export and customs classifications
- Ensure compliance with ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations including providing compliance guidance to both internal and external customers.
- Efficiently and effectively manages workload to include competing priorities and deadlines, ensuring on-time completion of activities.
- Uses thorough understanding and knowledge of the ITAR and EAR regulations in everyday job duties
Qualifications: (refer to http://my.harris.com/careerframework)
- Must possess full working knowledge or ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations with specific experience in ITAR/EAR jurisdiction and classification analysis.
- Must possess verbal and communication skills needed to interact with all internal and external customers.
- Must possess advanced organizational skills
- Perform duties with minimum supervision, and participate in cross-functional projects as needed
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Familiarity with LO/CLO and Anti-Tamper requirements
- Experience with OCR EASE Commodity Classification Module
- U.S. Security clearance is preferred but not required
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.