Associate Trade Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
At Polaris Inc., we have fun doing what we love by driving change and innovation. We empower employees to take on challenging assignments and roles with an elevated level of responsibility in our agile working environment. Our people make us who we are, and we create incredible products and experiences that empower us to THINK OUTSIDE.
Reporting to the Senior Trade Counsel this role supports the On-road and Marine Global Business Unit (OMGBU) for trade compliance. This position is the liaison or single point of contact for the OMGBU and supports the OMGBU with all trade matters and issues including sanctions, export controls and U.S import regulations. This position will have areas of specialization including customs valuation, customs audits, transfer pricing and drawback and will coordinate with other trade compliance team members to ensure that the OMGBU is pro-actively supported and all trade questions and issues are addressed quickly and efficiently. This position will be accountable to OMGBU and facilitate collaboration and teamwork to identify trade risk and opportunities The Senior Manager will support and service the OMGBU operations and sourcing teams on supply chain matters.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overall technical support and guidance to the trade compliance team and the OMGBU on day-to-day operational activities and issues. Provide guidance and requirements for customs valuation and customs audit matters.
- Oversee customs internal audits and duty saving opportunities. Support and manage a team responsible for various trade compliance activities including but not limited to customs audits, customs valuation, and drawback. Assist in tracking priorities, ensuring compliance, providing trainings, and supporting staff performing the daily trade compliance tasks.
- Maintain and implement trade compliance policies, procedures, and guidelines. Conduct internal audits to ensure policies and procedures are implemented.
- Primary contact with CBP and other government agencies on inquiries and responses to CF28s and CF29s.Develop and foster relationships with OMGBU global teams.
- Develop and implement compliance goals and strategies based on Polaris’ broader strategic framework.
- Coordinate with the team to identify process improvements based on the monthly metrics.
- Continually evaluate processes and procedures to drive efficiency and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent related experience
- Minimum of 6+ years of relevant experience; prefer at least 2 years of people management experience
- Strong English communication skills, both written and oral
- Willingness to travel
- Excellent knowledge of import operations, transfer pricing, customs valuation, and customs audits.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and conflict management skills
- Strong professional development and team building skills
We are an ambitious, resourceful, and driven workforce, which empowers us to THINK OUTSIDE. Apply today!
As the global leader in Powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2021 sales of $8.2 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER®, RZR® and Polaris GENERAL™ side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman® all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle® midsize and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot® moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments, and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe.
Polaris is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital status, familial status, status with regard to public assistance, membership or activity in a local commission, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.