Senior Analyst, Product Compliance
Full Job Description
Job Description: Trade Expertise Center – Senior Analyst, Product Trade Compliance
Reports to: Functional Lead of Product Trade Compliance
The Trade Expertise Center (TEC) provides Trade related services to the Business Units, Newell Brands Distribution (1549), Newell manufacturing sites, and the Newell overseas distribution affiliates (hereafter collectively referred to as “the businesses”). The purpose of the TEC is three-fold:
- To facilitate the timely release of goods by customs and related government agencies
- Ensure compliance with import/export rules and regulations, globally
- Minimize costs regarding duty spend (e.g., achieve savings)
The TEC is organized into five functional trade teams. The Senior Anlayst of Product Trade Compliance (PTC) supports the PTC Functional Lead in leading a team of professionals responsible for providing accurate, timely and consistent product master trade data for the Newell businesses. Product master trade data includes Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classifications, Export Control Classification Numbers (ECCNs) as applicable and determination of Partner Government Agency (PGA), anti-dumping and countervailing duty and Section 301 tariff applicability. Required trade data will be identified, stored, and maintained in E2open’s Trade Automation Global Product Manager (GPM) solution. The team is also responsible for preferential trade agreement solicitation, qualification, and certification management.
The Senior Analyst of Trade Product Compliance will guide the staff of this functional trade team with the primary goal of ensuring all product master trade data is compliant with applicable export/import laws and regulations. At same time we are creatively, but compliantly mitigating our duty expense. This person is the e2Open superuser and will work closely with the Manager of Trade Systems in their efforts to automate and digitalize applicable trade functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the PTC Functional Lead in leading a dispersed team of trade compliance professionals responsible for providing product master trade data as well as preferential trade agreement solicitation and qualification for compliant import and export of Newell products.
- Support E2Open global implementation for Restricted party screening (RPS), Global Product Master (GPM) and Free Trade Agreements (FTA), and any other programs identified for automation.
- Act as the e2Open subject matter expert/superuser and ensure the PTC team is well versed in the software and uses the program consistently across the company.
- Ensure that the analysts assigned to a BU’s product category have well rounded expertise in their product categories and relationships with Engineering, R&D and Marketing at the business units.
- Support the PTC Functional Lead in duty mitigation initiatives that pertain to products or Free Trade Agreements, e.g., 301 Exclusions, Tariff Engineering, MTB, etc
- Assist the PTC Functional Lead in optimizing team member bandwidth and skills to support times of peak demand across business units and functional areas.
- Mentor and provide training to the team as needed to ensure accuracy and consistency.
- Define and implement processes, procedures and enhancements to manage applicable functional areas effectively and timely.
- Develop and maintain internal assessment program to ensure the accuracy of team output.
- Monitor, measure and develop reports from SAP and E2o to ensure timely, accurate and consistent data across all business units.
- Support the Manager of Trade Systems with applicable E2o data clean up initiatives.
- Oversee the integration of data between E2open, SAP and Thomson Reuters. Assist the PTC Functional Lead in managing and administration of Newell’s US import post entry audit process and provide output to Trade Operations team for resolution
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in international trade with 5+ years of managerial experience
- Comprehensive understanding of US Harmonized Tariff regulations
- Comprehensive understanding of Preferential Trade Agreements such as USMCA, GSP, KORUS, and CAFTA
- Expertise in U.S. Customs and Border Protection regulations
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems of high complexity or difficulty, as well as problem solve in a proactive, methodical manner.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, and ability able to communicate all levels of the organization
- Strong presentation skills to deliver professional data and resolution effectively
- Global Customs experience is preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Access, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Proficiency with SAP
- Expertise in e2Open Global Trade Management Tool
- Industry certifications including a customs brokerage license are strongly desired
Newell Brands (NASDAQ: NWL) is a leading global consumer goods company with a strong portfolio of well-known brands, including Rubbermaid, FoodSaver, Calphalon, Sistema, Sharpie, Paper Mate, Dymo, EXPO, Elmer's, Yankee Candle, Graco, NUK, Rubbermaid Commercial Products, Spontex, Coleman, Campingaz, Oster, Sunbeam and Mr. Coffee. Newell Brands' beloved, planet friendly brands enhance and brighten consumers lives at home and outside by creating moments of joy, building confidence and providing peace of mind.
Your application has been successfully submitted.