Senior Product Owner, Global Trade Promotion Management
Full Job Description
Senior Product Owner, Global Trade Promotion ManagementJob Description
The TPM Sr. Product Owner is responsible for integrating business, information, and technology architecture to create solutions primarily for Trade Promotion Management and Optimization and in some cases for Revenue Growth Management and other cross capability areas.
The Sr. Product Owner is responsible for defining and putting in place a Global TPM template in terms of standardized processes for all the four regions by working closely with Global Process Owners, Regional business leads & Local Market leaders
Demonstrates strong credentials in standardization of business process, design thinking, support development testing, training & change management of TPM solutions. Will provide work direction/general guidance to other team members as a senior functional resource. The Sr. Product Owner is viewed as an expert in Trade Promotion Management/Optimization concepts globally.
Scope/Categories: The role will report to the Global Platform Product Manager for TPM. The role will not have any direct reports.
Key Interfaces: Global and Regional TPM Process Owners, Business Partners, Regional Business SMEs, Functional Consultants, Solution Engineers, Enterprise Architects, Data & Analytics team, and Project Managers.
External Interfaces: Consultants, 3rd Party providers. Travel may include approximately 15% of work time. The scope is Global with all KC categories for the sales and TPM / RGM functions.
- Strong Relationships with Business:
- Establish trusted relationships between IT and Global TPM stakeholders and act as an influential player with TPM Global Leadership.
- Understand business priorities (product and services), business operations, culture and policies. Translate the strategic direction and business objectives established by customers into holistic digital, technology, change management and organization strategies.
- Strategy and Road Map for TPM Global Template:
- Work towards definition of global TPM template in terms of process and functionalities applicable for all the regions in KC.
- Articulation and documentation of TPM Global Template framework and detailed L0, L1 and L2 process maps.
- Play a key role in standardization of functionalities to support the global template by leveraging SAP TPM capabilities. While SAP TPM is the chosen platform, there might be a need to work on other platforms in different regions during the transition phase.
- Functional and process ownership for Roll out of the global template and standardized functionalities across the regions and markets within them. Closely work with global process owners for defining strategy and roadmap for rolling out the global template.
- In Sync with Organizational Transformations:
- Play a key role in identifying impact of S4 implementation on TPM processes and functionalities in relevant markets and regions
- Functional ownership of design and build of identified changes due to S4 impact. Work closely with business leads of impacted markets to ensure they understand the need for change and are well aware of any planned disruptions.
- Requirements Management:
- Gather, Analyze and document functional and non-functional requirements using industry standard templates and processes.
- Plan and conduct business process definition workshops along with product manager, business partners and relevant business teams.
- Prepare process flow diagrams to document business processes and articulate accompanying commentary which goes into business requirement documents.
- Work with other teams to prepare Integration specifications for manual or automated interfaces and achieve consensus with respective teams.
- Capture nonfunctional requirements by collaborating with solution engineers, architects, and other technical team members.
- Build and Deploy:
- Help in maintaining enhancement request and their lifecycle via the defined change management process.
- Prepare impact analysis documents for enhancements and assist technical team in coming up with technical impact assessment.
- Update requirements documentation for enhancements and author new documents if required.
- Maintain traceability matrix for requirements by coordinating with technical and testing teams and ensure its always updated
- Process and Functional SME:
- Prepare functional test scenarios and system test cases corresponding to the business process and which form the basis for detailed test cases.
- Work closely with the technical team during design and build to provide functional inputs and clarifications. Update functional documentation as and when required during the life cycle.
- Carry out functional testing for the solution based on designed test scenarios and cases and coordinate with development team to get bugs fixed. Document identified enhancements with proper classification for subsequent solution versions.
- Review requirements documented by other Product Owners and ensure required quality is maintained in terms of coverage, completeness, and articulation of requirements.
Key Qualifications and Experiences
- Bachelor's degree; 10+ years of continuous experience as a Business Process Lead, Business Analyst, Functional Consultant in with at least 6+ years’ experience only in TPM (strong preference for SAP TPM / CBP)
- Understanding of End to End functional aspects within the Trade Promotion Management – HQ Planning, Target / Funds Management, Account Planning, Promotion Planning, Promotion Execution, Pricing, Claims, Settlements and Pre / Post Event analytics
- Familiarity in applying digital enablers (Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Predictive Models, Data Science, UX, etc.) to accelerate TPM use cases like Baseline Generation, Pricing Elasticities, Promo Optimization, Price Volume Mix etc.
- Must have prior experience in standardization of TPM process (globally preferred)
- Must have prior experience in functionally standardizing & designing a TPM solution (SAP TPM preferred) and integration with ERP (SAP ECC / S4 preferred) & Demand Planning. Brings experience of configuration for spend, promotion types & their impact on overall design
- Strong CPG background is desired (at industry or as consultant).
- Familiar with large data sets coming from third party syndicated data companies like Nielson, IRI, Spin as well as directly from local retailers
- Work in the day-to-day of the product development, handling the story telling writing, backlog definitions, align priorities with the business partners and delivery team, define priorities for the scrum team related to her/his product, perform story grooming, define with the business or business partner the product vision, strategy, markets and alternatives.
- Has strong leadership skills and exhibit creative thinking to be able to come up with inventive solutions to solve business challenges.
- Self-motivated to keep up with industry trends and disseminating information across the organization.
- Experience working with blended teams consisting of employees, vendors, and consultants with both onshore and offshore resources.
- Verbal and written fluency in English is mandatory. Ability to work in a virtual team which may work across distance (remote), cultures and time zones, in a matrix with multiple reporting lines.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
No K-C Work Site - GAAdditional Locations
No K-C Work Site - IL, No K-C Work Site - TN, No K-C Work Site - TX, No K-C Work Site - WIWorker Type
Your application has been successfully submitted.