Import / Export Coordinator
Full Job Description
Brooks Instrument is an industry leader in flow measurement and flow control products for critical applications, and a division of ITW (A Fortune 200 Company) is seeking candidates for an Import / Export Coordinator. This position will be based out of our headquarters facility in Hatfield, PA (Suburban Philadelphia). In addition to our Pennsylvania operations, Brooks maintains manufacturing locations in, Hungary, and Korea. The Company also maintains sales offices throughout the world. Our products are used in laboratory and process applications in end markets such as: life sciences, chemicals, semiconductor, analytical instruments, nuclear, and solar cells.
The Import-Export Coordinator position performs a wide variety of tasks relating to the enforcement of export and import controls. He/she is responsible for maintaining trade compliance reasonable care standards within the US regulation guidelines for export shipments originating in the US to global destinations, as well as import documentation and clearance of shipments arriving to our Hatfield facility. The job requires the coordinator to monitor daily workflow, assist in scheduling and prioritizing activities for international shipments in support of the Shipping, Materials and Customer Service Departments.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics with freight forwarders, couriers and other carriers for movement of shipments.
- Prepare export and customs documentation (Examples: commercial invoice, NAFTA certification, Canadian invoice, packing list, certificate of origin) as required.
- Communicate as necessary with manufacturing and other Brooks' locations regarding order prioritization, status and export documentation requirements relating to both inter-company & customer direct shipments.
- Apply for Export licenses, utilize Denied Party screening tool, etc.
- Facilitate timely US customs clearance of imports by providing necessary information to carriers/brokers
- Serve as a SME regarding changes in policies, procedures, terms, government and industry regulations that impact Brooks Instrument and import and export order processing.
- Share knowledge within and across departments using formal and informal training opportunities.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to improve customer satisfaction and reduce organizational costs.
- Maintain Business Operating Procedures (BOPs) as related to import/export compliance policy and procedure.
- Ensure accuracy of all Trade Compliance data fields in MAPICS (HTS Code, Country of Origin, ECCN) for existing items and newly created item masters.
- Perform monthly audits of import shipments, suppliers and all documentation to ensure reasonable care practices are firmly followed and that compliance to US government rules and regulations is evident.
- Review 3rd party freight payment supplier’s weekly payment submission. Identify and initiate corrective actions to drive logistics cost savings.
- Investigate and resolves import / export discrepancies and customer complaints.
- Regular attendance and the ability to get along with others in a team environment
- Perform various job functions in support of Duty Drawback program
- Virtually attend ITW CTC webinar training for Import/Export/Trade Compliance
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with International Logistics and Customs Compliance. HTS Classification experience preferred. Bachelor’s degree preferred, not required.
- A promising entry-level candidate will be considered if they have shown significant initiative in the workplace, demonstrate a proactive approach, possess excellent interpersonal and communications skills (both written and verbal), can manage complexity and resolve conflicts quickly.
- All candidates must have a strong work ethic, good problem solving skills and the ability to manage stressful situations. The incumbent should also be able to communicate complex regulations in a simple, concise manner to their audience.
- Microsoft Windows, Excel, and Word skills required. Access and MAPICS experience desired.
Our employees enjoy competitive, merit-based salary plus excellent benefits including:
- Health and dental insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance / Short and Long Term Disability
- 401K plan with generous company match
- Vacation, personal days and holidays
- Continuing education reimbursement program
- Flexible spending accounts
The opportunity to join a well-established (70 + years in business) yet dynamically changing organization that works together as a team to meet the challenges of satisfying customers’ needs and managing rapid growth to better compete in a global marketplace.
Please visit our website: http://www.brooksinstrument.com/
ITW Company Overview
ITW was built on innovation and the strength of new ideas. These values have helped us expand into multiple platforms in nearly 60 countries. But at each of our businesses, the independent entrepreneurial spirit and freedom to innovate remain strong. It’s the highly talented people at ITW businesses all over the world who drive our success through new products and customer driven solutions. Together, we are ITW—a Fortune 200 company that has prospered for 100 years, and changed the way people live and work, all over the world.
Brooks Instrument is an Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without required to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
ITW is an equal opportunity employer. We value our colleagues’ unique perspectives, experiences and ideas and create workplaces where everyone can develop their careers and perform to their full potential.
As an equal employment opportunity employer, ITW is committed to equal employment opportunity and fair treatment for employees, beginning with the hiring process and continuing through all aspects of the employment relationship.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, protected Veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.