Full Job Description
FIJI Water sells a portfolio of world class products such as FIJI Water, Justin Wines and Landmark Wines. FIJI Water is the #1 imported bottled water brand and the top selling premium bottled water in the United States. Justin Wines was selected as Wine Enthusiast's 2015 American Winery of the Year and is located in Paso Robles, CA. Landmark wines is located in Sonoma, CA. The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA.
We are looking for a highly skilled Logistics Planner to arrange inbound drayage shipments through to a complex network of vetted third-party warehouses for our end customers. This individual will be responsible for tracking, reporting, and communicating the status of the shipments. The goal is to ensure full visibility of all the inventory in transit, having a deep understanding of logistics and processing strong communication skills are critical for success within this role.
- Responsible for coordinating global and domestic inbound shipments including: Managing container drayage into 3PL’s and customer sites located in US, CD, UK, and AU.
- Maintain direct shipments file for Hawaii and EMEA shipments.
- Summarize and report accurate, timely and consistent tracking information to 3PL’s and Drayage Providers.
- Coordinate with Planning Team to support diversion process.
- Coordinate with Customer Service team to identify and prioritize containers based on inventory needs.
- Supply pick-up numbers to dray providers for railed containers.
- Make special shipping arrangements as necessary.
- Streamline & consolidate communication between internal and external parties.
- Establish and maintain relationships with Ocean Carriers, Dray Providers, Customs Broker and Warehouses.
- Review all costs to ensure overall transportation costs are minimized (e.g., reduce freight expenses).
- Identify through cost analysis the lowest cost accessorial option from port to 3PL and implement.
Manage Customs Compliance
- Manage import documentation compliance.
- Validate SSL BOL versus inbound Purchase Order and resolve any discrepancies.
- Prepare documentation such as commercial invoices & bill of lading to Customs Brokers.
- Submit required documents for imports to Broker to ensure final on time shipment clearances and ISF filings.
- Independently resolve any FDA hold and/or exam hold to ensure timely release of containers with Broker.
System and Administrational Management
- Process daily emails and make the proper judgment on how to respond.
- Support other operational teams with guidelines/requirements for imports/exports.
- Maintain accurate ATP dates in Oracle.
- Responsible for tracking and reporting potential Demurrage and Detention charges.
- Provide reporting and visibility on all ocean shipments and container status level once container has left port, until it has returned to port.
- Manage and maintain the upkeep of Logistics and Compliance SOP’s and training documents.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and lead and/or participate in process improvement projects
- Enhance processes that make the supply chain more efficient and organized.
- Provide research and support for annual audit requests, as required.
- File and track claims with Ocean Carriers for product loss due to container damages.
- 5+ years proven experience in Supply Chain role.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field.
- 2 years handling international shipments at a freight forwarder or NVO; a plus.
- Good communication with teammates, supervisor, and clients.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Aptitude to work independently on daily tasks.
- Must have superb organizational skills and coordination abilities.
- Must have excellent communication skills and ability to problem solve strategically.
- Must have a willingness to learn and have a positive team player attitude.
- Must be proficient in Oracle, MS Excel, TMS, and Dashboard Tools.
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Competitive benefits package including Medical (including 24/7 online access to a physician), Vision, Dental and 401k with match eligibility
- Opportunities for development and internal mobility
- Manager and leadership training, biweekly L&OD webinars, and eLearning offerings
- Companywide problem solving and continuous improvement training
- Wonderful Giving (wonderfulgiving.com) - allowing you to donate company money to a cause of your choice
- Company focus on wellness and health
FIJI® Water, natural artesian water bottled at the source in Viti Levu (Fiji islands), is the No. 1 premium imported bottled water in the United States. Known for its iconic square bottle, soft mouthfeel and unique mineral profile, FIJI Water is the water of choice among discerning consumers and top chefs. Widely available at fine restaurants and hotels, all major retail channels and through a convenient home/business delivery service, FIJI Water has expanded globally to more than 90 countries. To discover Earth’s Finest Water®, please visit www.fijiwater.com, like us on Facebook, or follow us on Instagram or Twitter.
The Wonderful Company is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
EEO is the law - click here for more information
Your application has been successfully submitted.