Employee Relations Partner
Full Job Description
Collins Aerospace has an immediate opening for an Employee Relations Partner, supporting Wheels and Brakes in the Advanced Structures business unit. In this role, you’ll support our Carbon brake business in Spokane, WA, Pueblo, CO, and Santa Fe Springs, CA sites through the development and execution of positive employee relations strategies. By closely partnering with both HR Business Partner and the Employee & Labor Relations Center of Excellence. ERPs are experts in critical employee relations processes and techniques. The best ERPs are courageous, creative problem-solvers with strong emotional intelligence. They’re comfortable operating in ambiguous situations and are known for their masterful collaboration skills.
This position will be located on-site in Spokane, WA (preferred) or Pueblo, CO.
- Manage employee relations issues for multiple sites
- Leverage insights and best practices to develop and execute positive employee relations strategies at the site level
- Bias for action to proactively address common themes and potential issues
- Build and maintain trusted relationships
- Communicate effectively with multiple levels of leadership from early career employees and executives
- Advise and assist managers in the performance management process (including supporting managers through the “Performance Success Plan” process)
- Perform organizational health assessments to identify workplace strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats and partner on action plan to prioritize and mitigate risk
- Conduct investigations and make disciplinary recommendations, when needed
- Collaborate with, and occasionally lead, other functions such as Safety, Global Trade, Ethics, Security, and Legal on complex Employee Relations issues
- Interpret and advise on local process guidelines (i.e. rehire eligibility, privacy practices, accommodations, termination guidelines, etc.)
- Manage continuous improvement projects to deliver value back to the business
- Embody, influence and drive the Collins culture
- Develop and deploy best practices and tools for the ERP network across all business functions
- Develop and deploy leadership trainings to align business objectives with HR Model and ERP Network
- Ability to travel up to 60%
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of prior relevant experience OR
- Advanced Degree in a related field and minimum 3 years of experience OR
- In absence of a degree, 9 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship now or in the future. Collins Aerospace will not offer sponsorship for this position
- This position is located in Spokane, WA (preferred) or Pueblo, CO; candidate must be willing local to the preferred area or willing to relocate
- Labor Relations Experience
- Demonstrated ability to develop and effectively leverage relationships in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to coach, consult and influence leaders regarding the importance of good “people” practices and the links to business success
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective presentations, facilitate meetings
- Ability to be approachable, empathetic, and objective to employee needs
- Experience with conflict resolution and mediating between parties
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry. Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: Pet Insurance, Home and Auto, additional life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal
- Ovia Health, fertility and family planning
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 5 free counseling sessions
- Redbrick - Incentives for a Healthy You
- Autism Benefit
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Adoption Assistance
- Best Doctors, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.