Customs & Trade Compliance Analyst
Full Job Description
Tradewin is a leading international customs and trade compliance consulting firm. We provide advice and services that help companies maintain compliance with import and export laws and regulations. We also help clients find and implement opportunities to reduce costs, improve cycle times, minimize customs duties and enhance the visibility and security of their supply chains. The complex issues that international companies need to address both before and after cargo physically moves are our specialty. Our employees help our customers derive the correct HTS classification of their goods, save on customs duty using programs like duty drawback and free trade agreements, and amend the value of their customs entries through the reconciliation prototype, based on accounting changes.
Tradewin is a company that values employee tenure, cross-training, and promotion from within. We often see employees join us in one department, master our trade, and transfer within our company to other departments to grow and build their overall trade compliance knowledge. We look to impart our consultants with careers, not jobs.
We are looking for a highly motivated person who enjoys a fast-paced, professional & dynamic work environment to fill this full-time position.
Most positions require a standard 8 AM – 5 PM schedule; however, there are there are opportunities to provide weekend and holiday coverage for specific functions with compensation incentives for working non-standard hours.
A Tradewin Customs & Trade Compliance Analyst can fulfill a variety of functions within our group, including:
- Rendering Harmonized Tariff Schedule classifications for imported product
- Submitting customs entry types on behalf of our customers, including reconciliation entries or post summary corrections.
- Auditing and creating commercial and shipment documents that adhere to company policies and destination country requirements
Reviewing document and shipment holds for compliance requirements
Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Customs brokerage or trade compliance experience, including HTS Classification, Customs Entry Reconciliation, or Shipment Document Management preferred;
- Interest in obtaining a Customs Brokerage License, if not held already;
- Knowledge of CBP systems, including ACE, as well as brokerage systems;
- Competent PC skills, including all Microsoft Office applications. The applicant MUST be comfortable reviewing, analyzing, and manipulating data in excel. Power BI, MS Access, or SharePoint experience desired;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Able to maintain strong relationships with ALL internal stakeholders;
- Able to drive processes and process improvements without supervision
Tradewin offers excellent benefits including
- Paid Vacation, Holiday, Sick Time
- Health Plan: Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision
- Life and Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan (US only)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Training and Personnel Development Program
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Your application has been successfully submitted.