Sr. Analyst, Global Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
What Global Trade Compliance contributes to Cardinal Health
Global Trade Compliance is responsible for the deployment of an effective trade compliance program through identification and interpretation of regulations, provision of regulatory guidance, training and development, audit and assessment, data management, process design/improvement, automated tool development, and M&A due diligence.
The Global Trade Compliance Senior Analyst role will work closely with various Cardinal Health departments and external global partners to ensure that product data is correctly determined/collected, documented, and reported to the relevant Customs and Government authorities. This role is primarily focused on product data requirements such as Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) assignment.
- Provides ongoing training and direction to operations and business unit personnel regarding harmonized tariff schedule (HTS) and other government agency reporting requirements.
- Holds ownership of tariff classification rules and maintenance of existing data to ensure data accuracy.
- Actively monitors tariff classification changes for your designated region(s) and update internal databases, and communicates this to external broker(s).
- Demonstrates effective communication skills and strong analytical ability to anticipate and resolve issues while enabling improved decision making.
- Demonstrates knowledge of regulatory requirements and utilizes depth and breadth of experience to establish trade policies and procedures aligned with regulatory changes, risk and business impact.
- Monitors and seeks to influence applicable country trade regulatory activity and serve as a liaison at both national and local agency levels.
- Drives improved regulatory compliance and business effectiveness through process optimization, automated tool development and data management.
- Bachelors in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- 2+ years experience in related field, preferred
- Prior experience with Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) Assignment
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possible solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Anticipated pay range: $25.80/Hr - $36.80/Hr
Bonus eligible: No
Benefits: Health insurance, 401k Contributions, Paid Time Off, Vacation, STD/LTD
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.