Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
Trade Compliance Specialist
Join Livingston’s Global Trade Management team and help large companies manage their supply chains on a global scale. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Our Global Trade Management experts help companies lower their costs, get to market faster, and free up resources as they do business internationally. You can be a part of our global operations and grow your career by becoming an expert in the ever-changing world of international trade.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: MI Southfield - US017
Member of the Trade Compliance team with technical and law analyzing skills. Monitor and determine the specific Tax, Excise Tax, Import and Export regulations. Mentor, trainer, presenter, with the intention to share knowledge and experiences in a wider group of people. Plan and conduct Compliance audits and assessments based on Customs and according to customer specific requirements.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Act as the Compliance subject matter expert for assigned region and provide support to the internal and external customers by providing operational and trade compliance expertise.
- Technical and legal research - obtain, analyze impact of new or changing tax, excise tax, import and export regulations, such as: customs rules and regulations, trade documentation, including but not limited to rules of origin and export and import restrictions.
- Provide Customs and international trade related trainings.
- Compliance Projects – lead, participate and perform projects within compliance matters.
- Consultancies and Appeals - research and respond to straight-forward Operations and governmental requests.
- Organize and carry out the internal and external Compliance assessments for various operational and Compliance areas, including risk-based approach and Authorised Economic Operations (AEO). Report the assessments results and provide recommendations for improvement.
- Drive compliance risk assessment of customs processes; provide guidance to operations team that helps identifying risks in the area.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent analytical skills and in-depth detailed knowledge of tax, excise tax, import, export and transit regulations (under Customs and other governmental agencies, etc.)
- Ability to read and understand customs rules and regulations and apply them to the clients’ operations and challenges.
- Ability to provide interpretation and direction on laws and regulations to all levels of management internally and externally
- Working knowledge of the Compliance audits & testing skillsets
- Competency in auditing the Company and customers against International Trade requirements
- Excellent skills with Microsoft Office products, in particular Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel for business purposes, including audits and on-site customer support
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interface skills with company internal departments, external clients and Customs Authorities, e.g. applications, process documentation, audit reports, management presentations, etc.
- Mentoring, coaching, training abilities
- Ability to work independently, make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
4 years of related experience
Required: Bachelors Degree or equivalent in Global Trade/Commerce or Business
Inclusion and Collaboration
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Leading and Developing
Customer First Focus
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.