Associate Customs Entry Writer (May/June 2023 Start Date)
Full Job Description
We’re C.H. Robinson, one of the world’s largest logistics platforms and we're looking for our next Associate Customs Entry Writer. Is that you? You’ll work toward a thorough understanding of the customs process, client’s requirements, and the role a customs broker plays in the supply chain. You'll further enhance your customer service skills, refine data entry competency, problem solving, and gain job related regulatory knowledge equipping you with the tools and experience required to advance within the organization.
Our dynamic and comprehensive training program will set you up for success. You will participate in a mix of group activities, self-guided learning, plus coaching and mentoring to help you become an expert in our systems and processes and provide on-going regulatory training. Many of our successful Customs Entry Writers go on to expand their careers with us in Global Compliance, Sales or Account Management, which makes this role a terrific introduction to C.H. Robinson and a way to start, refresh, or enhance your career.
If this all sounds good, let’s talk more about what you’ll be working on:
Maintain Operational Excellence:
- Develop an understanding of Customs requirements and Partner Government Agency involvement in the International trade transaction
- Receive and review documentation to input and transmit data for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) release of shipments
- Understand the processes, documentation, and terminology involved in international shipping from time of purchase order issuance through the delivery of the cargo
- Ensure regulatory requirements are met, and proper documentation exists for all shipments
- Demonstrate competency with respect to the customs brokerage products’ standard operating procedures (SOP) and best practices
- Manage customer invoicing, process vendor payables and assist with receivables of assigned accounts
- Communicate clearly, timely, and effectively with Customers, CHR offices, Agents, and Outside Vendors Promote a positive working relationship for all team members
- Gain awareness into customer specific standard operating procedures (SOP) and honor those commitments
- Adhere to a high level of operational excellence with respect to on time performance, accuracy, and customer service
- Understand and learn to leverage CHR’s network of departments, support teams and leadership.
- Maintain sound Customer Standard Operating Procedures and Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) databases to ensure full compliance of CBP and customer requirements
- Other duties or responsibilities as assigned according to the team and/or country specific requirements
- High school degree or GED equivalent
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of programs
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Strong communication, prioritization, and multi-tasking skills
- Proven critical-thinking and problem-solving skills to adapt to ever-changing tasks and customer needs
- High level of attention to detail
- Values a diverse and inclusive work environment
If this sounds like the job for you, let’s talk! We can’t wait to hear from you.
It’s important to note that per the Customs Regulations, specifically 19 CFR 111.53(e), a Customs Broker is required to receive written approval from U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if it knowingly employs any person who has been convicted of a felony. For this reason and unless prohibited by state or local law, we will perform our initial background check and an annual check for any person employed in a Global Forwarding Customs Brokerage Department.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer
C.H. Robinson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We believe in equality for all and celebrate the diversity of our employees, customers and communities. We believe this increases creativity and innovation, drives business growth and enables engaged and thriving teams. We’re committed to providing an inclusive environment, free from harassment and discrimination, where all employees feel welcomed, valued and respected.
Affirmative Action Employer/EOE/M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Your Health, Wealth and Self
Your total wellbeing is the foundation of our business, and our benefits support your financial, family and personal goals. We provide the top-tier benefits that matter to you most, including:
- Two medical plans (including a High Deductible Health Plan)
- Prescription drug coverage
- Enhanced Fertility benefits
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Savings Account (including employer contribution)
- Dental and Vision
- Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid and floating holidays
- Paid time off (PTO)
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer in your community
- Charitable Giving Match Program
- 401(k) with 6% company matching
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Plus a broad range of career development, networking, and team-building opportunities
Dig in to our full list of benefits on OUR CULTURE page.
Why Do You Belong at C.H. Robinson?
Standing out among the world’s largest logistics platforms, C.H. Robinson solves logistics problems for companies across the globe and across industries, from the simple to the most complex. For 100+ years, our global suite of services has innovated trade to seamlessly deliver the products and goods that drive the world’s economy. With 19 million shipments annually for 105,000 customers, our people and technology literally move the world.
As a FORTUNE 200 company, FORTUNE has also named C.H. Robinson one of the World’s Most Admired Companies 2022. Headquartered in Eden Prairie, Minnesota, we are proud to be recognized as one of LinkedIn’s Top Companies in Minneapolis-St. Paul 2021. And we’re not stopping there… Join us as we collaborate, innovate, and work as one global team to make life better and more sustainable for our customers, communities, and world.
Your application has been successfully submitted.