Manager, Global Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
MKS Instruments is a global provider of instruments, subsystems and process control solutions that measure, monitor, deliver, analyze, power and control critical parameters of advanced manufacturing processes to improve process performance and productivity for our customers. Additional information can be found at
Description: As a member of the MKS Instruments, Inc. Global Trade Compliance team, the Manager, Global Trade Compliance:
- Drafts and manages export license applications consistent with U.S. regulations, policies, and guidelines, primarily the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), in relevant computerized systems (e.g., SNAP-R)
- Supports licensing process optimization in US and non-US jurisdictions
- Manages license conditions, riders, provisos, etc., facilitating the timely filing of necessary reports and notices, as required
- Provides guidance to business unit personnel on export licensing requirements, applicability of exceptions and exemptions, and potential issues associated with proposed business activity. Participates in the development of export licensing strategies
- Oversees denied party screening process & tools.
- Manages due diligence processes, such as end-use/end-user vetting
- Manages training process and maintains records as applicable
- Performs or support trade compliance audits, self-assessments, etc.
- Attends meetings and delivers briefings as required
- Manages enhancement, continuous improvement, and integration projects
- Assists and supports the Global Trade Compliance team, as required, to implement and enhance MKS’ Global Trade Compliance program including management tools such as metrics, key process indicators (KPI), etc.
- 5-7 years’ experience with U.S. export laws and sanctions. Ability to distill complex regulatory issues
- Experience working in a corporate environment, preferably in an international context
- Bachelor’s degree required. Graduate degree a plus
- Project management skills are ideal
- Able to analyze and define processes and/or written procedures
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task and handle shifting priorities
- Consensus-builder and can work independently and collaboratively in groups.
MKS Instruments, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries (“MKS”) is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer: diverse candidates are encouraged to apply. We win as a team and are committed to recruiting and hiring qualified applicants regardless of race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions), religion, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, membership in the uniformed services, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other category protected by applicable law. Hiring decisions are based on merit, qualifications and business needs. We conduct background checks and drug screens, in accordance with applicable law and company policies.
Your application has been successfully submitted.