Trade Compliance and Customs (TCC) Specialist
The Trade Compliance and Customs (TCC) Specialist is responsible for administering the Schlumberger Trade Compliance and Customs program on behalf of the location(s) (center/site) and/or legal entity. Responsibilities will include the implementation and monitoring of TCC-related guidelines, procedures, and best practices.
- Identifies all dual-use products within the Location and ensures that they are properly classified and exported in a compliant manner under local and multilateral regulations.
- Assists in release of TCC-related blocks in SAP and enforces a ‘Stop’ authority for non-compliance.
- Ensures that all products, software and technologies under development are properly classified, in a timely manner, as part of the CLM process where applicable. This includes the review and release of the CLM TCM report and software classification spreadsheet.
- Identifies the need for a Technology Control Plan (TCP) depending on the various technologies being used/designed in the Location and, if necessary, works with Region TCC Manager to develop, implement and monitor the TCP(s).
- Implements import and export compliance standards, guidelines and procedures throughout the Location.
- Provides Trade Compliance and Customs guidance, support and training (or workshops) to Location employees to ensure the minimum certification requirements are met and maintain adequate Trade Compliance awareness throughout the Location.
- Monitors changes to local Trade laws and regulations to ensure that proper measures are implemented, as required.
- Advises Management on changes in laws and regulations that might affect the Locations trade compliance.
- Ensures that proper escalation procedures are in place to timely and accurately report problems and potential Trade Compliance and Customs violations to the Trade Compliance Regional Manager.
- Ensures that adequate internal reviews are conducted to maintain the desired level of Trade compliance in the Location.
- Deploys and monitors the Schlumberger Trade Compliance and Customs Global Self-Assessment Program.
- Facilitates and participates in Location reviews and audits and recommends remedial actions.
- Reviews and responds to Trade Compliance and Customs Quest reports and InTouch tickets from/for the Location.
- Assists in the development of guidelines, procedures, and best practices to ensure that third-party outsourcing and technology transfers between Locations are in compliance with all applicable Trade laws and regulations.
- Implements the Schlumberger Compliance program and monitors the effectiveness related to all activities within the location.
- Advises Supply Chain and other personnel on current applicable Anti-dumping and Countervailing Duties.
- Assists Location personnel on keeping up-to-date with their Recusal Acknowledgement with reminders/guidance
- Identifies opportunities and implements actions to continually reduce wasted time, money and resources from assigned tasks.
- Complies with all Schlumberger and local procedures applicable to the job function.
- Coordinates with and assists TCC Specialists or Leaders in other Locations as and when needed/possible
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to, or in lieu of those described above, according to the needs of the location or Company.
- Ensures any use of manual invoices is conducted compliantly with TCC guidelines
Specific deliverables of the position:
- Tracking, analysis and reporting of all Trade Compliance related activities.
- Review and approval of all Trace Compliance Management (TCM) reports as applicable.
- Documenting center TCP(s) if applicable.
- Document annual audit and any other TCC related audits performed
- Accurate and thorough investigation of all Center’s Trade Compliance related incidents.
- Active follow through to close local Trade Compliance related remedial work plans, and improvement initiatives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Trade Compliance and Customs
- Significant experience in operations, manufacturing, engineering, or supply chain.
- Candidates must be able to work and reside in the US, without sponsorship
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor- priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Your application has been successfully submitted.