Global Transportation & Logistics Manager
Full Job Description
Global Transportation & Logistics Manager
Lindsay Corporation is a global company, headquartered in Omaha, Nebraska, focused on providing irrigation and infrastructure solutions to meet the needs of a growing population. As one of the world’s leading providers of irrigation and water management, its Zimmatic systems are operating in more than 90 countries. Lindsay Corporation’s infrastructure division offers a wide range of products that aid in roadway maintenance and transportation safety. Since 1955, Lindsay Corporation has been at the forefront of research and development of products and services designed to meet the needs of a constantly evolving world.
The Global Transportation & Logistics Manager oversees and coordinates key aspects of Transportation and Warehousing throughout the company. Provides team leadership and guidance to ensure the safety of all personnel and compliance with all regulatory bodies.
This position will identify and develop industry leading transportation and logistics systems and practices. Experienced in and understands the various modes of transit to determine feasibility and desirability as it pertains to overall enhancement of on time performance and cost improvement.
This role includes focus on creating a work environment that engages employees at all levels in the business to help drive out waste, improve and simplify processes and improve quality.
The position will report to the SVP, Global Operations and will have direct reports as well as matrixed global employees.
This position will be full-time and be based out of Omaha, NE. Travel will be up to 20% to support Lindsay, NE & global facilities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and lead a global team to execute and improve global freight movements for domestic and international modes
- Strategically plan, manage, and evaluate logistics and warehouse operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, 3PLs, transportation companies and customers
- Create and implement best practice transportation/logistics KPI’s, principles, policies and processes across the organization to improve operational and financial performance
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements
- Monitor quality, quantity, delivery times, and freight costs
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation, logistics, warehouse providers
- Ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Select carriers/suppliers and monitor service against performance criteria
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities
- Interpret trends and analyze and review data. Provide meaningful transportation/logistics data to others in the organization to aid customer service and cost improvements
- Ensure the integrity of inventory accuracy on shipments arriving to the different facilities and work directly with the purchasing and quality group to communicate information back to the logistic groups.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain/Logistics, Engineering, Business, Finance, or related field (or equivalent experience) and 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Supply chain or logistics management experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong understanding of local, state, and federal transportation regulations.
- Experience with international trade compliance
- Experience implementing and/or working with a Transportation Management System and ERP system
- Comprehensive knowledge of Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and Export Control Classification Number (ECN) on the Commerce Control List on the export shipments.
- Extensive knowledge of the U.S. Import Regulations on import shipments.
- Experience managing and optimizing warehouse locations
- Experience sourcing and negotiating contracts with ocean, LTL, parcel and 3PL providers
- Strong analytical and process orientation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including using MS Windows, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
Your application has been successfully submitted.