Global Trade Export Regulatory Integrating Manager
Full Job Description
Keysight is on the forefront of technology innovation, delivering breakthroughs and trusted insights to the world’s visionaries and innovators in electronic design, test, manufacturing, and optimization. Our ~14,000 employees create world-class solutions in wireless communications, 5G, automotive, quantum, aerospace, defense, and semiconductor markets for customers in over 100 countries. Our technical solutions – and our methods for creating them – help connect and secure the world. Learn more about what we do and how we do it.
Our powerful culture has led to us being independently recognized on Fortune 100’s Best Companies List and we are “Great Place to Work” Certified. We’re driven, collaborative, ethical, and curious, and we value all ideas, especially bold ones. And our culture extends far beyond our own walls. Our corporate social responsibility efforts support our communities, nurture the next generation of engineers, and promote environmental sustainability.
At Keysight, Inclusion & Diversity is an integral part of our core values. We believe that when people feel a sense of belonging, they can be more creative, innovative, and thrive at all points in their careers. We believe everyone should be respected in the workplace and in their communities regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity, religion, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any protected class. We continuously challenge ourselves to grow in our understanding of inclusion by engaging in a wide variety of diversity programs, initiatives, employee network groups and mentoring/development. This is Keysight – People and Culture - YouTube
Preferred Locations: Colorado Springs, Loveland, CO, or Santa Rosa, CA. Also open to remote work assignments.
Ensures the Jurisdiction and Classification of products are designed and manufactured by Keysight and are in alignment and compliance with national, regional, and global regulations, company policies, and business objectives. Develops and implements programs and processes to ensure that Keysight products have the correct jurisdiction and classification for ITAR and EAR regulatory requirements. Oversees and directs export control and/or regulatory activities and executes key strategic programs within the assigned area of responsibility. Acts as a change agent to help establish a customer-centered culture. Ensures compliance management system procedures were accurate and current. Provides expertise in translating regulatory requirements into practical, workable plans. May develop and implement strategies for timely submission and approval of export control marketing applications. Represents the company in industry associations and standards bodies and may interact with regulatory agencies. May manage development and implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for jurisdiction, classification, commercial applications, or defense-related application of Keysight products. May monitor audits of jurisdiction and classification control areas. Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function
In this position, you will be applying your management of technical knowledge of Keysight products to the international regulatory environment supporting the classification, import, and export of these items around the world for sales, service, and other purposes. The ideal candidate can apply their understanding of international trade regulations to the technical attributes of Keysight hardware and software in support of the design, development, manufacture, and distribution of parts and products in compliance with international trade regulations.
Expected skills and responsibilities include the following:
Application of US Import and Export Control requirements as it pertains to Keysight shipments,
- Including Directorate of Defense Trade Controls (DDTC) /International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) requirements.
- Establish and maintain extensive contacts and information on the respective export regulations of other jurisdictions and countries around the world
- Work with the Keysight R&D team, manufacturing, planners, and new product introductions on product development to design products for Trade and ensure compliance and customer applicability
- Work with businesses within Keysight to learn new products and technology and how that applies to the global trade regulatory environment around the world.
- Engage with the key manufacturing centers around the world to understand the technology and manufacturing processes that impact the import and export requirements of products
- Work within the key new product introduction groups within Keysight to understand product launches and the impact of import and export regulations on those products.
- Represent Keysight before government agencies to explain and technically educate those agencies on Keysight and our products
- Work with the manufacturing teams on the County of Origin requirements and substantial transformation that help determine qualification for preferential trade programs.
- Develop Jurisdiction and Classification program for Keysight and assign and ensure all required updates and changes are maintained.
Provide training and awareness to the Keysight businesses, R&D, and manufacturing on the export control requirements for both BIS and DDTC/ITAR
- Translates strategies into tactics
- Manages other managers and supervisors.
- May also manage expert or master level ICB individual contributors
- Directs and manages the resources of several departments and workgroups
- Bachelors / Masters Degree (Electrical Engineering preferred but not required) and 5 + years of experience in EAR/ITAR regulatory environment
- Knowledge of the BIS/Commerce and DDTC/ITAR regulatory requirements
- Specific experience and background in dealing with US and other countries' regulatory requirements preferred
- Background or education in Electronic Engineering or comparable experience in the Export Controls field
- Demonstrated experience with the Global Trade and Export Control Logistics regulatory environment and how it applies to the global manufacturing, sales, and service of products and parts, technical data and other items
- Self-motivated individual that can adapt to learning new technologies or using reference materials and data to understand the technology
- The ability to successfully contribute to global trade and export control for a S&P 500 company known as a best place to work, with great values and compliance.
- Ability to effectively work with a diverse global workforce.
- Ability to travel as required in support of position responsibilities
- Demonstrated excellent teamwork, leadership, and communication skills
Full Time (F)
Duration (Temp Positions Only):
Candidates can be considered to work from the following locations:
Preferred Locations: Santa Clara, CA; Santa Rosa, CA; or Loveland, CO. Also open to remote work assignment
Job ID : 47607
Colorado pay range: MIN$128,520 MID $171,350 MAX $214,190
The level is based on experience, education, and skills. Most offers will be between the minimum and the midpoint of the Salary Range listed above.
Note: For other locations, pay ranges will vary by region
Keysight Results Bonus Program Eligible
US Employees may be eligible for the following benefits:
- Medical, dental and vision
- Health Savings Account
- Health Care and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life, Accident, Disability insurance
- Business Travel Accident and Business Travel Health
- 401(k) Plan
- Flexible Time Off, Paid Holidays
- Paid Family Leave
- Discounts, Perks
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Plan)
Careers Privacy Statement
***Keysight is an Equal Opportunity Employer.***
Keysight Technologies Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
Your application has been successfully submitted.