Executive Counsel - International Trade Compliance
Full Job Description
Job Description Summary
The International Trade Compliance Counsel is responsible for providing legal counsel to, and leading all aspects of, the International Trade Compliance program administered by GE Healthcare. The ITC program includes export licensing, sanctions analysis, watchlist screening, education and training on ITC issues, export classification (tagging), customs governance, policies/procedures, monitoring, and related areas.Job Description
- Provide legal counsel to the business on ITC issues and coordinate with outside legal counsel, as appropriate
- Execute on the export licensing program, watchlist screening, education and training on ITC issues, export classification (tagging), and related areas, including as the GEHC focal point under the Export Controls Enterprise Standard
- Support/lead internal investigations and provide advice on issues
- Manage a global team of ITC professionals
- Identify areas of ITC risk and ensure corrective actions are implemented, when necessary
- Collaborate with various functions in the Business to enforce GEHC adherence to GE Healthcare Standards, Policies and Procedures (Export Controls Enterprise Standard, Watchlist Compliance and Screening Guidelines etc.)
- Educate Business on regulatory changes impacting operations
- Develop Business export compliance policies and programs
- Manage internal/external audits and risk-based monitoring program (Export Controls Focal program)
- Develop a clear strategy for the team it leads
- Coach and develop subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college & law degree, with license to practice in-house.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in International Trade Compliance, Regulatory, or related experience
- Prior experience working for or with a multinational company with manufactured products subject to sanctions and other trade compliance requirements
- Prior leadership of a team of professionals, focusing on working together as a high-performing team and individual professional development
Unquestioned ethics and integrity
Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels of the business
Effective problem identification and solution skills
Collaborative attitude, strong interpersonal and leadership skills
Ability to influence others
Experience leading initiatives of large scope and impact
Ability to coordinate multiple projects and priorities simultaneously
Experience working in a matrix-environment
This position can be office-based or remote in the US.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.