Full Job Description
Trade Management Executive
Join Livingston and grow your career in the constantly changing world of international trade. Livingston is a market leader offering customs brokerage, international trade consulting, compliance and freight forwarding services around the world. Livingston has over 3,000 employees at more than 90 key border crossings, sea ports, airports and other strategic locations in North America, Europe and Asia.
Our fast-paced and collaborative environment offers you the opportunity to work with leaders in the industry, receive recognition for achievements and develop your expertise in the complex and evolving world of trade. Learn how you can make an impact at Livingston.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: HomeOffice New York
The Sales Executive is responsible for new business development within an assigned territory. This includes but not limited to generating new business with new clients; building business relationships; executing sales strategies; meet and/or exceeds quarterly and annual sales targets and presenting ongoing business reviews on all accounts.
This is a remote role and covers the New York city territory. Ideally this role should be remote located from home office in Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County or Suffolk County.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategic territory plans (within a pre-defined geographic territory) which include the identification of high to medium potential accounts.
- Generate account shares by proactively identifying new opportunities to introduce Livingston’s services and solutions for new clients secured.
- Implement new business and ensure proper communication among all stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain business relationship with new clients.
- Conduct thorough needs assessments of prospects and identify other opportunities for Livingston’s solutions.
- Work closely with other team members to draft Request for Proposal (RFPs) and ensure clients received it by specified date.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms with new clients and work closely with other cross-functional departments to review, edit and finalize contracts.
- Develop contact and strategic account plans in conjunction with other cross-functional departments.
- Liaise with sales and other departments to ensure effective communication of new clients’ issues (e.g. pricing, solutions, financials etc.)
- Achieve or exceed sales targets as assigned by Director, Business Development.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills (both verbal and written)
- Excellent B2B sales and key account management skills
- Demonstrated ability to be able to open and close business sales
- Proven track record to achieve and exceed sales target goals
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and meet tight deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- High initiative, self-motivated and results oriented
- Working knowledge of a customer relationship management (CRM) system e.g. salesforce.com
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
5 years of related experience
Required: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Preferred: Bachelors Degree or equivalent
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.