North America Customs Compliance Manager
Full Job Description
At Alcon, we are driven by the meaningful work we do to help people see brilliantly. We innovate boldly, champion progress, and act with speed as the global leader in eye care. Here, you’ll be recognized for your commitment and contributions and see your career like never before. Together, we go above and beyond to make an impact in the lives of our patients and customers.
We foster an inclusive culture and are looking for diverse, talented people to join Alcon. As a North America Customs Compliance Manager supporting the Global Trade Compliance, you will be trusted to lead all aspects of customs compliance at our Fort Worth, Texas.
In this role, a typical day will include:
- Lead the North American Customs Compliance team, responsible for all associated customs-related compliance and related cost mitigation activities and accountable for ensuring compliance with customs regulations.
- Design, implement, and administer customs compliance policies, standards, and processes.
- Identify and pursue lawful customs duty and cost mitigation opportunities.
- Lead all aspects of all third-party service provides (customs brokers, trade service providers, consultants) and associated business needs.
- Evaluate and assist in implementation of trade compliance software systems and solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING TO ALCON:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent years of directly related experience (or high school +13 yrs; Assoc.+9 yrs; M.S.+2 yrs; PhD+0 yrs)
- Demonstrated ability in customs compliance process management, including customs import brokerage management
- Minimum two years of experience leading associates/direct reports
- U.S. FDA import experience strongly preferred
- Experience with SAP and GTS or similar ERP and GTM software
- Ability to communicate sophisticated concepts and requirements in a succinct manner to personnel at various levels and functions of the organization
HOW YOU CAN THRIVE AT ALCON:
- Benefit from working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Apply your current skills and improve your project management opportunities within different areas of the business.
- Join an exciting, fast paced and rewarding department!
- Travel Requirements: 10%-domestic
- Relocation assistance: No
- Sponsorship available: No
Alcon is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participates in E-Verify. Alcon takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment and our policies are not to discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status. Alcon is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, or in order to perform the essential functions of a position, please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.