Global Distribution Operations Director
Full Job Description
Global Distribution Operations Director
Remote - USA
At CooperSurgical, women’s health is our focus. We are the trusted source for medical instruments, devices, and disposables that serve the healthcare needs of women throughout their lives. We continue to foster that position through expansion of our core businesses and the introduction of advanced, technology-based products that aid clinicians in the management and treatment of commonly seen conditions.
This position is responsible for the design and implementation of new Distribution Centers in support of CooperSurgical’s Global DC network expansion. The Director will work with strategic 3PL partners to set up new DC’s primarily in North America and Asia Pacific to start but over time be set up DC operations in other regions as well. This position manages the overall project implementation (e.g., project communications, risk mitigation, resource coordination, issue resolution for projects encompassing multiple geographies, regions, products, services, etc.). This role is responsible for defining the deployment strategy and obtaining sign-offs from the stakeholders. The Director works with Information Technology to identify implementation criteria, design the implementation roll-out plan, manage post-implementation audits, and serves as the primary contact throughout the project's implementation. This position may manage multiple implementation teams and provide ongoing analysis of implementation project plans, statistics, outcomes, lessons learned, and post-implementation audits.
- Serves as the project implementation primary contact and cross-functional team leader to identify implementation criteria, obtains stakeholder sign-off, and supports communications
- Implements plan definition for projects encompassing multiple geographies, regions, products, and services to ensure an effective project plan is delivered
- May manage and oversee select number of DC locations post implementation
- Collaborates with stakeholders to define criteria and constraints associated with implementation scope and deployment strategy to ensure an effective project implementation
- Develops deployment roles, responsibility definitions, deployment strategies, and obtains stakeholder sign-off to ensure an effective project plan
- Manages project lifecycles, including project scope, resources, schedule, initiation, start-up/design, building, and deployment to see projects from beginning-to-end
- Develops project plans (i.e., detailed plan, milestones, and work breakdown structures) and assigns tasks to resources to ensure that the project will be completed on time and according to specifications
- Ensures affected functions or groups are identified and works with them to negotiate process changes, ownership of processes, and to manage project impact
- Designs and implements communication plans to ensure those affected by projects are informed/updated
- Follows up with assigned resources formally (e.g., status meetings, etc.) and informally to continuously manage the productivity of the team, project timelines, and deliverables
- Balances multiple projects and deployment schedules to meet stakeholder goals/expectations
- Define Distribution Center fulfillment strategies connecting process design & execution, people & technology that are globally consistent and locally relevant
- Work closely with Global Customer Service Operations, Transportation and Supply Chain to ensure customer satisfaction
- Work closely with global Transportation and Trade Compliance leaders to minimize overall customer order cycle time
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of 15 years experience in international logistics and global distribution
- End to end knowledge of supply chain operations and systems
- Proven track record managing global 3PL’s and Distribution Centers
- Experience leading Distribution Center implementation projects
- Demonstrated ability to interact successfully with customers, multiple levels of management, cross functional teams, peers and employees and vendors
- Demonstrated excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills.
- Analytical and creative problem resolution abilities
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed
- Logistics background working in a Manufacturing setting with global locations
- Experience with integrating 3PL and MFG ERP systems for global visibility
- Backround in Life Sciences or Medical Device supply chains
- Experience in 3PL shipping software, system and workflow design
- General management instinct: Ability to lead high profile, complex initiatives and project teams
- Global/International travel and experience preferred
- Experience in managing cross-cultural, cross-functional and virtual teams
- Strong relationship-building skills; ability to create trust among those with diverse personal styles
- Experience communicating relevant information at all levels of the organization
- Ability to translate arguments into the language of others
- Proven energy to navigate complex organizational structures.
CooperSurgical is a leader in manufacturing and marketing multiple trusted and innovative brands that assist clinicians in improving the health of women, babies and families worldwide. Through an aggressive growth and diversification strategy, CooperSurgical has evolved its portfolio of over 600 products to include products and services used primarily by obstetricians and gynecologists in surgical and medical procedures wherever they occur: in hospitals, surgical centers, medical offices and fertility clinics.
As an employee of CooperSurgical, you'll receive an outstanding total compensation plan. As we believe your compensation goes beyond your paycheck, we offer a great compensation package, medical coverage, 401(k), parental leave, fertility benefits, paid time off for vacation, personal, sick and holidays, and multiple other perks and benefits. Please visit us at www.coopersurgical.com to learn more about CooperSurgical and the benefits of becoming a member of our team.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of CooperSurgical about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at CooperSurgical via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of CooperSurgical, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by CooperSurgical for this position and a valid agreement with CooperSurgical is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the CooperSurgical agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.