Global Commodity Leader - Logistics
Job Description Summary
As a people leader within the GE Gas Power Logistics Center of Excellence, the Global Category Leader Logistics is responsible for driving strategic sourcing activities across all aspects of GE Gas Power Spend for Logistics. This includes taking strategic ownership of entire category spend, developing strategies to reduce total cost of ownership – including vendor management, demand management, and governance/compliance – to achieve initial step change TCO reduction and ongoing year-over-year improvements. The Global Category Leader will lead their team to partner with the Gas Power Logistics operational colleagues, the GSA (Global Shippers Association) and other category leaders across the business to set global strategy, coordinate sourcing efforts and policy, and execute initiatives. This will also involve partnering with GE functional stakeholders in Business Sourcing, Operations, Supply-Chain and other functions to drive TCO reduction while delivering excellent service levels to the organization.Job Description
Roles and Responsibilities
- Direct people leader for globally based team
- Oversee development/ execution of strategies through the sourcing process for specific Category Group of spend areas
- Champion and secure TCO reductions for Logistics (Ocean, Air, TL, LTL, parcel, storage)
- Develop and maintain spend analytics capability (lane level purchase data, transport requirements and lanes)
- Develop and implement sourcing capability for transport spend (e.g., should-cost analysis, supplier development)
- Oversee end-to-end Sourcing process: strategy, market analysis, negotiation process (RFXs), supplier selection and contract creation, and buy channel management
- Work closely with GSA (Global Shipper Association) to obtain best rates for cross-GE transport modes (Air, TL, LTL, ocean, parcel)
- Partner with Global Customs and Trade Compliance Strategy leader to support customs clearance RFX processes as necessary
- Lead and manage multi-functional stakeholder teams on specific strategic sourcing initiatives or projects
- Drive best practices
- Measure and track internal performance within each spend category
- Monitor strategy implementation to ensure benefit realization
- Drive annual productivity improvements in each spend category
- Drive value through supplier relationship management via quarterly business reviews, supplier KPI / performance management, supplier compliance to sourcing commitments
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college and/or equivalent knowledge experience
- Minimum of 7 years' experience in Strategic Sourcing / Category Management ideally with focus on Logistics services including Air, TL, LTL, ocean and parcel services
- Progressive leadership experience
- MBA or Bachelor’s degree in Sourcing, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Engineering.
- Experience leading large scale logistics service RFXs
- Track record of driving step change in sourcing and/or logistics functions
- Collaborative mindset in working across functional areas
- Strong analytical skills (spend analytics, should-cost analysis, market R&I)
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated negotiations skills
- Aggressive self-starter with can do attitude
- Strong project management skills
- Experience with RFQ implementation and execution
- Working knowledge of ERP/ SSS systems
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
As a federal government contractor, GE may in the future be required to have U.S. employees fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Some GE customers currently have vaccination mandates that may apply to GE employees.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
Your application has been successfully submitted.