Release Customs Analyst
Full Job Description
Release Customs Analyst
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: IL Itasca - US021
Ever thought how your fresh produce gets to your door? Eying that red Ferrari?
Take the first step in learning about international trade, supply chain and logistics with North America's #1 company in customs brokerage! This is an entry level position that includes a training program to ensure that team members have the right tools and resources to complete their jobs from day one. Reporting to the Manager, this position is responsible for the timely entry and processing of customs entries for major companies and their products. This position has excellent career growth and previous industry experience is not required.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Support the Customs Brokerage team. Manage client documents to ensure accurate and timely processing of air or ocean shipments for their products
- Review, track and interpret documents related to each shipment moving through the supply chain.
- Prepare customs entries and complete data entry for all shipments to be submitted to and released from U.S. Customs
- Process client invoices and maintain effective relationship with clients, carriers, customs etc.
- Participate and support other team members with accounts and workload on day-to-day operations including setting priorities, organizing, scheduling work and problem solving
- Coordinate carrier release by submitting required bills of lading and freight payments
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills
- Client Service oriented - interpersonal skills with internal/external clients and coworkers
- Ability to handle large volumes and meet tight deadlines
- Attention to detail; organization, completeness and accuracy
- Good analytical skills with problem-solving ability
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
- Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common business machines/software
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
No experience required
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Inclusion and Collaboration
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.