Sr. Customs and Trade Compliance Analyst
This position is responsible for supporting and maintaining Customs trade compliance programs and daily operational tasks throughout the U.S. and Canada for all Porsche subsidiaries. Goals will be accomplished through cross-functional teamwork within the Customs & Trade Compliance team, Porsche subsidiaries, and external partners.
Roles & responsibilities
Vehicles, Merchandise and Miscellaneous Goods Import & Classification:
- Act as a subject matter expert and Customs support for Porsche user departments, Porsche AG
- (PAG), Porsche Cars North America (PCNA), Porsche Motorsports North America (PMNA), Porsche
- Cars Canada, Ltd. (PCL), Porsche Design of America (PDoA), Porsche Latin America (PLA), and
- Canadian dealers on proper customs procedures for import/export matters; ensuring compliance with all relevant customs regulations and trade laws
- •Process Wholesale and Tourist Delivery vehicle shipments for Porsche Cars North America and Porsche Canada
- Manages day-to-day clearance process for vehicles
- Supports merchandise and miscellaneous shipments
- Supports the maintenance and stays current on PGA (Partner Government Agencies) requirements
- Ensures timely and accurate response to Customs Broker requests for Information and follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Reviews GTM daily, assign and maintain Customs Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) classification codes for new & existing parts
- Reviews and approve billing invoices for accuracy and payment processing
- Prepares export pro forma invoices for internal & external shared services business users
- Design and implement automation solutions to increase efficiency and improve monitoring of compliance
- Applies advanced knowledge of import/export regulations and requirements to support business needs.
- Partner with other departments on strategic planning to ensure efficiency and cost effectiveness in areas that involve import and export compliance
- Completes other duties as assigned
Customs Trade Compliance:
- •Classify vendor, merchandising and miscellaneous invoices
- Conduct post entry audits (ICS support function), identify and report to PCNA management any potential violations of trade compliance laws and compliance violations and any incidents involving significant weaknesses in processes or procedures.
- Provides support for the Customs Internal Control Process (ICS) (internal audit review)
- Reviews weekly Federal Register Notices related to CBP activity in order to monitor regulatory changes,
- Works with external group to manage duty drawback program and design automation solutions to increase efficiency and improve monitoring
- Provide global support for trade compliance matters based on local and international regulations
- Database management supports the reporting for National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHSTA), Record HTS Data, Partner Data, and Material data in SAP, (200+ parts on average monthly) and Manufacturer Identification (MID) codes for textiles and wearing apparel to ensure proper declaration of customs duties and trade statistical reporting.
- Performs post audits on entry packets for accuracy and completeness; maintain proper record keeping according to Customs regulations.
The Sr. Analyst, Customs &Trade Compliance is tasked with assisting the Manager, Customs & Trade Compliance on identifying the regulatory compliance requirements of several government agencies that influence Porsche’s business. Increased, global attention to Customs compliance, supply chain security and product safety requires this position to keep abreast of developments in the continuously changing international environment, evaluate the impact on the company and seek changes to processes and procedures when necessary. Lack of compliance can lead to increased cargo inspections, delays in the supply chain to the PDC’s, dealers and customers, increased in-transit and freight costs, as well as potential fines and penalties.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Logistics or a related field.
- Certified Customs Specialist or Customs broker license preferred
- Minimum of 5-8 years hands-on experience in the automotive OEM industry with a focus on customs and international trade compliance
- Expert knowledge of the Harmonized Tariff Schedule and classification principals.
- In-depth familiarity with Partner Government Agencies (PGA) requirements such as; EPA, DOT, DOC,
- NHSTA, FDA, CPSC.
- Experience coordinating and participating in import/export audits.
- Familiar with U.S. Customs Automated Commercial Environment (ACE).
- Familiarity with Canada Border Services Agency requirements
- Must possess advanced computer skills and a strong understanding of MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- SAP experience and One Source GTM experience a plus.
- In depth customs operational and trade compliance knowledge.
- Business acumen
- Detail oriented
- Problem solving
- Planning & organization
- Cross-functional teamwork
Percentage of required travel: Minimal
Schedule/Shift: 40+ hour work week
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is required to talk, hear, walk, sit, stand, climb stairs on occasion with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
- This position will also have occasional work in the warehouse. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
Your application has been successfully submitted.