Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
About the Role:
When you join us at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll be part of a smart, driven team that shares your passion for exploration and discovery. With revenues of $22 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
How will you make an impact?
The position is ideal for a candidate who is prepared to adopt a meaningful role within the Thermo Fisher Company. It involves a combination of creativity, routine work, and varied tasks to facilitate export transactions in compliance with U.S. and applicable government laws and regulations. The successful candidate will determine and assign export data and information, perform data transfer and audit tasks, generate reports to measure quality, and resolve process issues to ensure global standardization and improve efficiencies.
What you will do:
- Assign proper HTS and ECCN classification, valuation, marking, and country of origin of exported merchandise
- Ensure compliance with regulations administered by U.S. Customs, U.S. Department of Commerce, and all other applicable regulations from partnering government agencies
- Export license determination and application using SNAP-R
- Perform and evaluate the process for accurate screening and review of transactions, including denied and restricted party screening.
- Support the development, maintenance, and delivery of internal training programs
- Coordinate with internal departments and functions to ensure procedures are followed
- Conduct close collaboration and consultation with customers (internal and external to the company)
- Perform export transaction and post customs entry audits; process post-entry amendments to ensure compliance with regulations, record keeping and record retention requirements.
- Investigate opportunities for duty refunds and savings including classification, valuation, trade programs, and duty drawback; ensure the accurate use of duty preference programs
How will you get here?
- 1+ years related Export Compliance operational experience required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong communication skills – verbal, written, presentation.
- Ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to work with and influence a wide range of levels in organization, establishing positive working relationships.
- Detail oriented, quality and process driven, pro-active, able to cope with stress, good problem-solving skills and setting priorities
- Possess sound judgement. Able to identify and take corrective action in resolving export control and Customs related issues as they relate to internal systems, processes, customers, suppliers, and service providers
- Solid understanding of commodity code classifications.
- Strong customer management skills (internal and external).
- Knowledge of EAR, ECCN's, SNAP-R Export License applications a plus
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Knowledge of ERP Systems (SAP is a plus)
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.