Int Services Rep II
With limited supervision ensure the efficient movement and clearance of Import/Export freight in compliance with established regulations and procedures for international freight.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Monitor status of international freight and provide updates to internal and external customers
2. Interact with internal and external customers in a proactive and professional manner and clearly communicate solutions that prevent future delays and fines levied against the company
3. Prepare, evaluate, and distribute required forms and documentation pertaining to international shipments. Work with internal and external customers to comply with customs regulations and country of import requirements.
4. Update information relating to international shipments into current operational, regulatory, and tracking systems as defined by corporate policy and procedures
5. Communicate with customs brokers regarding questions on paperwork or following up on clearance delays, which will include distribution of documents electronically to appropriate customs broker
6. Provide international customer support necessary to clear shipments including functions such as guidance on documentation and answering basic questions from external/internal customers and employees
7. Work with other operating companies to maximize business opportunities
8. Enter data that documents shipment history, event activity, and missing documentation
9. Comply with all applicable laws/regulations, as well as company policies/procedures
10. Perform other duties as required
Disclaimer: This job description is general in nature and is not designed to contain or to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- One (1) year experience in international transportation, freight forwarding or customs clearance
- Thorough knowledge of FedEx international operations, preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual (English-French) preferred
- Proficient using Outlook or another email program
- Proficient using Excel
- Typing/data entry skills
- Good research, problem solving and negotiating skills
- Must be well organized and able to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced team environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to make decisions without constant supervision
- Able to follow instructions and complete required training
- Able to work independently and as a team member
- Shifts may vary based on operational need
FedEx Freight is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disabled and veterans.
If you have a disability and you need assistance in order to apply for a position with FedEx Freight, please call 800-888-8252 or e-mail at ADAAssistance@freight.fedex.com.
FedEx Freight will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because such employee or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.