NFI Parts - Customs Coordinator
Full Job Description
NFI Parts™ is North America’s most comprehensive organization providing parts, technical publications, training, and support for buses and motor coaches. NFI Parts is the parts division of NFI Group, providing replacement parts for New Flyer® transit buses, MCI® motor coaches, ADL buses, ARBOC® vehicles, as well as the product lines for the acquired NABI and Orion parts businesses. Additionally, NFI Parts has extensive cross references for parts that are common with other bus, coach, and cutaway product lines and has a mature supply base and established relationships with over 1,000 suppliers. Further information is available at www.nfi.parts.com
As a member of the NFI Parts Traffic Team, this position will be responsible for preparing clearance documentation in a timely and accurate manner, completion of customs clearance documentation, processing of import documentation, regular liaison with customs personnel and internal clients to clear shipments. You will assist in ensuring that all entries are released and classified, paperwork issues resolved, and transactions are billed accurately.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Receive shipping documentation from NFI warehouses and overseas factories and confirm accurate item, purchase order information; ensure import documentation is submitted to customs broker for truck/cross-border, ocean, and air shipments.
- Work with Customs brokers on all day-to-day issues related to customs clearance such as Tariff Codes, Item Descriptions, Item Valuation, Country of Origin, etc.; complete required customs document as needed like Bearing Forms, TSCA, etc.
- Maintain item data maintenance within Oracle relevant to Customs clearance such as Tariff Codes, USMCA / CUSMA Certificates, Country of Origin, Tax ID, and Certificates of Origin.
- Oversee and maintain the current USCMA/CUSMA and FTA process. Collect certificates from Suppliers on an ongoing and annual basis. Apply for duty refund from USMCA/CUSMA or any other initiative like 9801or special duty provisions through B2’s adjustment entries (Canada CBSA) and Post Entry Adjustments process (US CBP).
- Respond to requests for information from CBP and CBSA; participate and prepare for any Customs audit as required.
- Apply G/L codes to brokerage billing for payment processing.
- Work with Receiving and Purchasing to monitor variances of items crossing the border; report adjustments to Customs as required.
- Develop, implement and maintain the standard process for sharing duty rates and brokerage information that may have price implications. Share this information with pricing staff and relevant departments within the New Flyer Parts Organization.
- Participate in the selection, negotiation, and process improvement of Inbound and Outbound brokerage services and other Customs trade management programs (i.e. Duty Drawback; ADD/CVD/SIMA; export declarations: CERS/AES; CARM new system ACE, etc.).
- Develop, maintain and document Parts Customs Manual or Parts Customs OPIs.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-4 years Customs Coordinator experience preferred
- CCS (Certified Customs Specialist) or similar designations/training preferred
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel
- Knowledge in US, Canadian, and International Customs is required
- Strong Background in Customs Import and Export process (i.e. Customs Clearance, HTS Tariff Classification, USMCA and CUSMA Agreements, ISPM-55 requirements, Duty Drawback, SIMA / Anti-Dumping Duties, etc.)
- Good communication, organizational and analytical skills
- Team orientated, self-motivated
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM:
- Competitive Wages
- Excellent Benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, 401K with company match, paid time off and much more
- A continuous learning environment
- Ability to advance your career with a growing company
- Employee social committee organizes numerous events throughout the year, including summer barbecues, holiday festivities, sporting events and tournaments, and much more
We exist to move people. Our mission is to design and deliver exceptional transportation solutions that are safe, accessible, efficient and reliable.
NFI Group is a leading independent global bus manufacturer providing a comprehensive suite of mass transportation solutions. News and information is available at www.nfigroup.com, www.newflyer.com, www.mcicoach.com, www.nfi.parts, www.alexander-dennis.com, www.arbocsv.com, and www.carfaircomposites.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.