Full Job Description
The Expediter/Junior Buyer expedites materials required to support customer and business requirement and ensure all affected departments are updated regarding any impact to orders; as well processes Purchase Orders for low volume and cost items to support the business needs.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Process all foreign confirmations/acknowledgements for open purchase orders to verify quantity, part number, ship date, method of shipping, and pricing
- All discrepancies/deviations from the original purchase order to be resolved at the order confirmation stage with the Buyer
- Process all order shipment notifications advising of any changes in inventory that could impact an order
- Prepare and maintain a separate Importation File for each ocean container, weekly consolidated air freight, and any other special import from a foreign vendor
- Assist mport descriptions and approves appropriate freight invoices
- Expedites open orders for improved delivery to ensure customer and business requirements are met
- Follow up on reminders for any items that have missed their planned delivery date to ensure delivery information is current on all open orders
- Maintain logs and notifications regarding affected orders
- Process Purchase Orders for low volume items/suppliers and cost items
- Work on projects and other assignments as identified by the Purchasing Manager or Senior Buyer
Experience and Skills
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED): Required
Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Preferred, Field of Study: Purchasing or Logistics
5 plus years of experience in Purchasing related roles and logistics: Required
Proficient in Microsoft Office, prior experience with ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems: Preferred
Certifications & Licenses:
Customs broker license: Preferred
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this position.
O (Occasionally) Position requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Position requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Manually Manipulate F
Reach Outward F
Reach Above Shoulder O
Squat or Kneel O
10 lbs or less O
11-20 lbs O
21-50 lbs O
51-100 lbs N
Over 100 lbs N
12 lbs or less O
13-25 lbs O
26-40 lbs N
41-100 lbs N
Other Physical Requirements
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth)
- Sense of Sound - Ability to hear forklifts, and alarms
- Sense of Touch
- Ability to wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) - Safety glasses with non-metallic frames
- (EH) safety footwear
- Hearing protection and other PPE as required
Heated and air conditioned office and manufacturing environment, and may include moderate noise level.
Busch LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Your application has been successfully submitted.