Manager, Global Trade Licensing (Remote)
Full Job Description
At Raytheon Intelligence & Space (RI&S), you have the opportunity to try new things and make a bigger difference across a broader end-to-end solution, a richer technology and product set, an expanded range of disciplines, a growing global footprint and a more diverse team of colleagues and customers.
We are looking for an experienced Global Trade Licensing professional to support export / import licensing activities and university collaborations including Fundamental Research efforts in a fast-paced and stimulating export / import environment. The Manager, Global Trade is an Empowered Official position reporting to the Senior Manager of Global Trade.
This position provides strategic guidance and planning to achieve international growth by developing licensing plans, providing guidance for complex licensing strategies, program planning, and assuring regulatory compliance for programs. In addition, the position supports fundamental research programs, foreign person employee work assignments and university collaborations at RI&S.
What You Will Do:
- Manage strategic business engagements, planning and execution in major program areas to ensure business execution, growth and compliance
- Work with contracts to review and negotiate fundamental research awards
- Support supply chain with reviews of university subcontracts
- Primary interface on interpretation of regulatory requirements or company export / import policies and procedures for specific capture opportunities
- Prepare, obtain, maintain, manage and monitor applicable licenses, agreements, permits, certifications, technology release authorizations, and jurisdiction and classification determinations in compliance with applicable US Government regulations and company policies
- Analyze and review functional/program data and metrics, proposals, contracts and/or purchase orders
- Participate in technical programmatic discussions/meetings with program areas
- Ability to participate in multi-functional teams working on export / import issues with an ability to drive issues to conclusion
- Actively participate in training, mentoring and development of global trade analysts
- Participate in and lead special projects, cross-functional business projects and corporate projects to support business objectives
- Support export/import compliance activities (e.g., self-assessments, internal and external audits)
Skills and Requirements:
- Fundamental Research and university collaborations through work at a university, research laboratory or U.S. Government
- Broad export / import experience including managing exports of hardware, services, software, and technology, and obtaining and managing licenses, agreements, exemptions, and exceptions, as well as transactional activities
- Working experience with FAR/DFAR clauses as these relate to fundamental research and export controls
- Demonstrated experience with and in-depth knowledge of the ITAR and EAR
- Ability to think strategically and integrate export/import requirements with company’s internal business strategy
- Ability to adapt to changing US Government and customer conditions; be flexible, cooperative and collaborative
- Awareness of CUI and other USG policies related to research contracts
- Ability to develop a strategy and negotiate fundamental research awards
- Ability to present recommendations to solve business challenges
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to prioritize and make independent decisions
- Able to manage priorities of multiple complex tasks
- Ability to providing training and mentoring to programs and global trade professionals
- Focus attention on details and follow through on assignments to achieve desired results
- Ability to travel as required
- Prior experience as an Empowered Official
- Prior experience developing policies and processes that relate to fundamental research
- Knowledge of Customs and Border Protection (CBP) and logistics
- Experience with DECCS, SNAP-R, OCR EASE IT systems a plus
Typically requires a University Degree and a minimum of 8 years prior relevant experience, or an Advance Degree in a related field and a minimum of 6 years’ relevant experience .
What We Offer:
Whether you’re just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, we offer a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with great compensation, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, 401(k) match, flexible spending accounts, EAP, education assistance, parental leave, paid time off, and holidays.
Relocation assistance is not available
The salary range for this role is $89,000.00 to $189,000.00; however, Raytheon Technologies considers several factors when extending an offer, including but not limited to, the role and associated responsibilities, a candidate’s work experience, education/training, and key skills.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.