Full Job Description
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: TX El Paso TX - US048
Reporting to the Manager, Service Delivery, this position is responsible for coordinating release and entry processing for air and/or ocean shipments within our Foreign Trade Zone (FTZ) team!
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure accurate and timely processing of complex shipments.
- Create customs entries through proper selection of client and client records, interpretation of documentation for all clients' shipments, in a one-step process in National Service Center (NSC).
- Data entry of shipment information for release, rating and billing and ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed and accurate in NSCs.
- Ensure correct value for duty is reported based on invoice details and terms of sale. Establish correct value for duty and tariff treatment by selecting the correct keyword/HS code.
- In a professional manner, work with team members as required for missing documentation, information or instructions necessary to release a shipment in
- Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
- Escalate two-step release requirements, authorization or release issue resolution to required team members.
- Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day operation of Release Operations in NSCs.
- Endeavor to utilize and take advantage of system automation tools that are available to support release processing.
- Open file/data input for new shipments in relevant systems.
- Coordinate and prepare entry summary as needed.
- At time of release, monitor status of Customs and PGA releases.
- Ensure that all SOP's and business rules are adhered to following special client instructions, notes and alerts. Identify those that are missing or those that have become outdated or ineffective, making recommendations for change.
- Research and respond to requests for information from team or traffic in a professional manner via phone or email.
- Prioritize and complete work according to production supervisor direction, Customs requirements and Livingston standards.
- Maintain effective relationship with clients, carriers, forwarders, Customs, etc.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Familiar with all applicable Customs laws, regulations, procedures and industry practices.
- Client service oriented.
- Organizational skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Assertiveness in problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Detailed oriented.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
- Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common business machines/software
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
2 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Working towards/or successful completion of the Certified Customs Specialists (CCS) designation with the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) or the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) is a requirement, if not already obtained.
Successful completion of the CCS examination is a mandatory requirement for further advancement.
Inclusion and Collaboration
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Livingston is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.