Lead, Trade Compliance Investigator - Remote
Full Job Description
Job Title Lead, Trade Compliance (Investigator)
Job Code: IMS20222410-92411
Job Location: Remote
About L3Harris Technologies:
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries.
Subject matter expert with comprehensive knowledge of job area and in-depth knowledge of project management. Manages large, complex project initiatives of substantial importance to the organization with minimal oversight or direction. Communicates within and outside of the organization to explain and influence changes to practices, processes, and approaches. Makes significant improvements in processes, systems, or products. Provides input into new products/processes and implements operational plans that have measurable impact on business or functional results.
- Lead internal investigations related to potential regulatory violations. Supervise and manage investigation team resources (i.e. full-time employees, outside contractors, on-loan internal employees).
- Conduct all aspects of an investigation, including creating an investigation plan, interviewing employees, reviewing documents, and drafting government disclosures or closure justifications.
- Work with Trade Compliance staff and business representatives to conduct root cause analysis and develop effective corrective action plans for violations of regulations and Company policy.
- Manage, validate, and close corrective actions.
- Assist with responses to government or corporate inquiries on ITAR, EAR, Customs, and other trade related matters.
- Assist with the development of case studies, trainings, and communications related to trade compliance issues.
- Contribute to reviews and updates to Trade Compliance policies and procedures, harmonizing corporate command media with segment, sector, and division level work instructions.
- Assemble and brief disclosure status and statistics presentations for management.
- Assist with the execution of special projects.
- Reports to the Director, Trade Compliance in the Integrated Mission Systems segment of L3Harris, Technologies, Inc.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Strong investigative skills with prior experience investigating ITAR, EAR, OFAC, and Customs matters.
- Subject matter expertise in understanding government regulations with primary focus on ITAR, EAR, and Customs requirements.
- Excellent writing skills; must be able to assimilate and analyze complex information and draft clear and concise narratives.
- Keen judgment, discretion, and ability to maintain confidential information.
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and manage competing deadlines.
- Ability to work independently but remain a team player.
- Proficiency in using spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Bachelor’s Degree and minimum 9 years prior related experience or Graduate Degree with a minimum of 7 years of prior related experience.
- Demonstrated expertise in ITAR, EAR, and Customs regulations.
- Supervisory experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- U.S. Security clearance is preferred but not required; position will require applicant to be eligible to receive a U.S. Security clearance
- Licensed Customs Broker
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt
- Experience with OCR EASE
Your application has been successfully submitted.