International Transportation Analyst
Sponsorship Available: No
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Primary Purpose of Position:
Lead and develop the international transportation department's continuous improvement processes. Responsibilities include productivity and service projects, monthly carrier collaboration meetings, the creation of advanced reporting tools, and monthly scorecard communication/management.
Develop and execute an annual bid (with procurement). Responsible for developing bid volumes and general requirements.
Carrier management - Lead weekly meetings and Quarterly Business Review meetings with SSLs (steamship lines) and NVOCC ( Non-Vessel-Operating Common Carrier). Manage key operational and financial metrics like capacity, spend, compliance, etc.
Responsible for facilitating daily operational needs for GY North America (NA) business (new business requests, tactical issues, etc). Areas supported: customer service, sales and marketing, procurement, planning, warehousing, sales, legal, etc
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Reporting and Data Analysis:
1) Compile a list of key datasets needed for INTL reporting
2) Automate refresh of datasets (SAP, Customs Broker data, ocean tracking data, Routing guide cost data)
3) Create daily operational reporting as well as historic trend reporting to track ocean carrier, dray carrier and customs broker performance
4) NA (North America) Ocean Bid Process (Data tailoring and lane verification to provide appropriate carrier allocation for each trade lane NA is responsible for)
5) Develop and communicate monthly forecast for carriers
GY Transportation and Operational Management:
1) Lead daily operational team meeting. Responsible for the metrics, performing root cause analysis of issues, and developing plans for improvement.
2) Minibid Management (NVOCC & Contract Carrier)
3) International Freight Pay Touchbase
4) NA Global Ocean team member
5) Handle freight payment discrepancies and reconciling invoices vs PCard statements monthly
SSL, Dray, NVOCC, and Freight Forwarder Operational Management:
1) Lead weekly international carrier team meeting. Responsible for the metrics, performing root cause analysis of issues, and developing plans for improvement.
2) Lead monthly collaborations with carriers. Present results to carrier and responsible for improvement plans.
3) Create monthly scorecards and communication to carriers. Responsible for actions to improve carrier scores.
4) Lead and manage monthly QBR process. Create monthly presentations and lead scorecard discussions during the QBR.
5) Assist with Cooper and Goodyear company integration, from both an operational and systemic perspective
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Logistics, Computer Science, or related field. Compliance certifications desired.
- 4-6 years experience in a supply chain/logistics field and
- 2-4 years experience in international transportation (desired but not required).
- Experienced in data analytics
- International transportation operations.
- Excellent analytical skills. Capable of working with data to build fact-based solutions.
- Confident communicator, both verbal & written.
- Strong understanding of accounting principles & financial analytical techniques.
- Highly skilled at setting up & maintaining complex Excel workbook financial models.
- Skilled in working with Microsoft Access & other database tools, including how they are created & operated efficiently
Goodyear is one of the world’s largest tire companies. It employs about 72,000 people and manufactures its products in 57 facilities in 23 countries around the world. Its two Innovation Centers in Akron, Ohio and Colmar-Berg, Luxembourg strive to develop state-of-the-art products and services that set the technology and performance standard for the industry. For more information about Goodyear and its products, go to www.goodyear.com/corporate.
Goodyear is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual's race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you need reasonable accommodation to complete the online application, or any other part of the employment process, please contact the Goodyear Candidate Care Line at 330.796.4500.
Click here for more information about Equal Employment Opportunity laws, and here for additional supplementary information.
Your application has been successfully submitted.