Trade Compliance Specialist - Hybrid Remote
Full Job Description
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Hitachi High-Tech America, Inc. adopts, implements, and updates certain safety protocols in its efforts to promote a healthy and safe workplace for the well-being of our employees, their families, and visitors to our facilities, and to pursue continuity of the Company’s business operations. Where permitted by law, new hires will be required to disclose and certify COVID-19 vaccination status shortly after hire.
WORK STYLE DESIGNATION: Hybrid (+50% Remote)
WORK LOCATION: Schaumburg, IL Office
The Trade Compliance Specialist position is responsible for providing guidance, expertise, and knowledge necessary for the development, implementation, and management of Hitachi High- Tech America’s global trade compliance program. This position focuses on managing initiatives and projects in critical areas of trade compliance.
Import & Export Compliance Activity
- Oversee Hitachi High-Tech America’s import and export procedures. Work in conjunction with the Director, Trade Compliance to develop and implement policies, and procedures to ensure compliance with import and export regulations and Company Policy. Strong involvement in desk procedure creation, streamlining processes through automation and development of trade compliance tools for the divisions.
- Maintain and develop participating government agency policies and procedures and provide reporting, as necessary.
- Assist in the management of customer screening program by reviewing denied party screening results and customer screening documents.
- Monitor classification requirements and applicable changes and communicate them to sales divisions and customs brokers, as necessary.
- Support recordkeeping program in accordance with government regulations and Company policy
- Maintain current import and export audit programs with Trade Compliance Team. Assist in the development and implementation of corrective actions and/or compliance improvements, as necessary.
- Lead trade compliance projects from project development to implementation.
- Monitor brokers and freight forwarders on established standard operating procedures and key performance indicators.
- Provide assistance and training to the company’s divisions regarding government regulations and policies and procedures on exporting and importing.
EDUCATION, LICENSES, AND/OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree
EXPERIENCE AND TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum 5 years related import/export compliance experience
- Knowledge of import and export classification and documentation required
- Practical knowledge in trade and regulatory matters and ability to interpret regulatory information
- Some travel-approximately 10%
SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIREMENTS
- Strong computer skills required, knowledge of Excel and SAP a plus
- Solid project management skills. Motivation to form and develop project teams.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to identify risks and improvement opportunities and to develop resulting actionable project plans
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills; and the ability to disseminate data and information are critical
POSITION - SAFETY RISKS AND HAZARDS
Warning: Due to the nature of the work environment, this job may require working on equipment or in work areas where electromagnetic frequencies may be present from some of the equipment (intensity may vary) which could possibly interfere with certain medical implants or devices. If you have questions, contact Human Resources.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Check/Add as needed; indicate codes NOFC (see below)
Physical Abilities Lift /Carry
C____ Handling / Fingering
O____ Reach Above Shoulder
N____ Climb or Crawl
O____ Squat or Kneel
Lifting or Moving
O___ 10 lbs or less
O____ 11-20 lbs
N____ 21-50 lbs
N____ 51-100 lbs
N____ Over 100 lbs
Maximum one person weight lift of no more than 50 pounds under ideal conditions. Requires at least a two-man lift or more if lifting conditions are not ideal or more than 50 pounds, unless lifting device is used that can reduce the load to a safe level.
Push / Pull
O____ 12 lbs or less
O____ 13-25 lbs.
N____ 26-40 lbs
N____ 41-100 lbs
N (Not Applicable) Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
O (Occasionally) Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
F (Frequently) Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
C (Constantly) Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE)-Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to HTA-AccommodationRequests@hitachi-hightech.com
Your application has been successfully submitted.