Logistics Compliance Leader
Full Job Description
The Logistics Compliance Leader will lead and direct efforts as it relates to international and domestic product movements, dangerous goods / hazmat regulatory adherence, and audit-ready process management. You will be responsible for identifying, developing, implementing, and maintaining an all-encompassing compliance program, providing expertise, best-practices, internal and external audits, operational needs, and project management.
Include but are not limited to the following:
- Develop the strategy for and implement a best-in-industry Logistics compliance program, including policies, procedures, training, risk assessment, technology and systems, and other tools to streamline and ensure regulatory and legal compliance for all business units.
- Determine key trade compliance data such as Country of Origin, Export Commerce Control Number (ECCN), Harmonized Tariff System (HTS) and customs valuations for products imported/exported.
- Provide daily trade compliance support to import-export operational activities to ensure shipments are processed timely and properly so sample stability and project timelines are not affected.
- Develop and administers strategies, in collaboration with customer and operations, to ensure hazardous materials / dangerous goods are stored and transported safely and in compliance with 49 CFR, IATA, and TDG regulations.
- Supports the design, development, and implementation of hazardous materials / dangerous goods policies, guidelines and procedures.
- Review and maintain transportation compliance standards; communicate changes as appropriate.
- Develop KPIs to capture and report import/export volumes, duty spend, costs savings, etc.
- Conduct system compliance assessments using key internal and third-party tools to determine strength and weaknesses, and implement corrective actions with location operations teams.
- Use historic, current, and predictive metrics to inform adjustments / decisions.
- Design and implement annual risk assessments to determine level of compliance, create scorecard and develop improvement plans.
- Analyze import and compliance data to identify trends, minimize risks and cost savings / avoidance.
- Maintain systems and technology to improve compliance programs support logistics safety and adhere to any changing regulatory needs.
- Proven ability to work effectively in team situations, cross-functionally as well as independently.
- Assist with Operations process and improvement projects.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong documentation skills and attention-to-detail necessary in a GMP and CAP environment.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to adapt to a quickly changing work environment with rapidly changing needs and requests.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Ability to work nights and/or weekends.
- Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences locations.
- Ability to travel 10% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or Supply Chain. Equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- 5+ years of global trade compliance, policy development, HTS classification, sanctions, practices, import/export experience and internal/external audit activities.
- Must have current IATA & DOT hazmat certifications or previously possessed IATA & DOT hazmat certifications and be able to re-certify within the first 60 days of employment.
- Proficiency with MS Office with strong MS Excel skills.
- Knowledge of warehouse management system or ERP systems such as SAP or Oracle.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience in a laboratory environment, preferably in a GMP, CAP and/or ISO13485 environment.
- Customs Brokers License, Certified Customs Specialist (CCS), or other trade compliance credential preferred.
If you need any assistance seeking a job opportunity at Exact Sciences, or if you may require a reasonable accommodation with the application process, please call our Recruitment Coordinator at 608-535-8841 or email
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company’s affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.
Your application has been successfully submitted.