Transportation Process Support Specialist
Responsible for process support of Carlisle Construction Materials transportation process, including:
- Troubleshooting and training SAP order to shipment process, and audit and payment of freight invoices in SAP; SAP master data maintenance for new and existing products.
- Monitoring/measuring SAP process execution and compliance.
- Supporting and following up on DOT compliance for Company Fleet to include monitoring of compliance regarding electronic logs, documentation and payment of required governmental fees, and logging of required compliance information.
- Guiding CCM efforts for international shipments, including maintenance of harmonized tariff codes for products shipped, and leading documentation and compliance efforts for free trade agreements.
- Supporting importation of EPS bead by interacting with freight provider, customs brokerage provider, purchasing, and receiving factories.
- Paying freight invoices, coordination, and follow up on shipments as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support the SAP process, follow up on SAP process issues, maintain process master data (material masters, transportation planning points, routes, tariff zones, etc.). Seek opportunities to create freight structures that better reflect our execution and carrier needs, with the goal to be reduction in freight cost.
- Monitor SAP Vi16 report daily. Ensuring that all shipments are executed correctly, and all deliveries are invoiced. Documenting errors. Alerting shipping origins to errors and customer service to deliveries that did not invoice. Tracking errors and generating a monthly log. Working with shipping origins to troubleshoot errors and improve their performance. Generating the VT12 report monthly to identify incomplete shipments, and working with the plants to get shipments completed.
- Support international process by taking a leadership role in maintaining SAP master data, maintaining free trade agreement data, issuing documents. Pay international freight invoices, support the needs of sales.
- Lead DOT compliance efforts for company fleet by monitoring JJ Keller data and following up with plants on issues, maintaining required registrations, work with shipping offices on driver DOT requirements, qualification logs, and driver training programs.
- Support importation of EPS bead by providing follow up on freight arrivals, auditing and approving freight invoices, paying port fees and demurrage fees to keep containers moving. This task requires vigilance and timely action to avoid the accrual of charges. Follow up with Purchasing to keep them apprised of freight costs and shipping issues. Negotiate ocean freight costs with providers.
- Support the overall transportation team and process by being a back-up for all shipping related SAP master data, uncovered loads reporting, paying freight invoices, etc.
- Participate in COS events, participate in Idea Generation process, use CRM to record carrier issues.
- Visit shipping locations to provide support. Audit SAP processes in the shipping offices. Travel will be up to 25%.
- Will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Logistics/Supply Chain preferred, or demonstration of required knowledge and skills accompanied by 5+ years in a related job.
- 2+ years of experience related to Transportation (DOT) compliance.
- Experience Training groups of employees on policy/procedures/rules, etc.
- Experience with SAP desired, not required.
- Knowledge of Free Trade Compliance is desired, not required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Your application has been successfully submitted.