Trade Compliance Analyst - Remote
Full Job Description
The Trade Compliance Analyst conducts various analysis and investigative services for a specific client. The Analyst will complete all-source research, gather pertinent data, and complete associated reporting requirements.
- The functions listed describe the business purpose of this job. Specific duties or tasks may vary and be documented separately. The employee might not be required to perform all functions listed. Additional duties may be assigned, and functions may be modified, according to business necessity.
- All assigned duties or tasks are deemed to be part of the essential functions, unless such duties or tasks are unrelated to the functions listed, in which case they are deemed to be other (non-essential) functions.
- Employees are held accountable for successful job performance. Job performance standards may be documented separately, and may include functions, objectives, duties or tasks not specifically listed herein.
- In performing functions, duties or tasks, employees are required to know and follow safe work practices, and to be aware of company policies and procedures related to job safety, including safety rules and regulations. Employees are required to notify superiors upon becoming aware of unsafe working conditions.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable company policies and procedures. In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
The Essential Functions Include:
1. Monitor business partners and transactional data for Restricted Party Screening, including reviews of current government restricted / denied parties list matches, to confirm decision for partner release or block within trade compliance software.
2. Provide guidance to stakeholders on Sanctioned Party List (SPL) and legal control related blocks.
3. Identify and escalate transactions that indicate a potential conflict with sanction or trade compliance regulations.
4. When necessary, conduct and document further due diligence for partners and or transactions to resolve potential red flags.
5. Document recommendations for all cases.
6. Conduct analysis in a timely and professional manner with special attention to quality and accuracy.
7. Collect information from open and internal sources; then analyze, evaluate, and integrate data; and make a final recommendation.
8. Communicate all issues, related to the client relationship, with the appropriate management personnel.
9. Participate in designated training sessions/seminars and review company training materials; enhance professional competencies and ensure high quality analysis.
10. Maintain assigned equipment.
11. Provide analysis to guide decision makers.
12. Identify information gaps.
13. All other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Hiring Standards:
Additional qualifications may be specified and receive preference, depending upon the nature of the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Accounting, or related field is required
- 5 years of experience working in Export / Trade Compliance is required
- Education or certifications in Export Compliance preferred
- Must be willing to participate in the Company’s pre-employment screening process including drug testing and background investigation.
- Must have a reliable means of communication (i.e., email, cell phone).
- Must have a reliable means of transportation (public or private).
- Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
- Must have the ability to speak, read, and write English. Competencies (As Demonstrated Through Experience, Training, and/or Testing):
- Previous experience in U.S. sanctions and export controls regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to work under adverse and stressful conditions with little or no supervision.
- Able to solve complex problems and use good judgment and discretion.
- Able to organize workload for effective implementation.
- Able to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures.
- Computer skills; Microsoft Office.
- Able to learn and use internal SAP and ERP internal systems.
- Serve as an effective team member.
- Able to adapt as the external environment and organization evolves.
- Able to implement changes to operations and external/internal environment.
Prosegur is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, the status of being transgender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.