Full Job Description
What will you do?
- Assures the smooth relationships with ASCO Power’s preferred transportation providers.
- Assists manager to maintain Logistics Department daily, weekly and monthly reports.
- Resolves issues with customs brokers and provides corrective action back to the vendors or logistics providers.
- Coordinate with and support Schneider corporate Export compliance. Maintain proper guidelines and processes for document storage per the Schneider Electric and US Customs record retention policies.
- Supports ASCO Power facility logistics and shipping departments with routing and transportation provider issues.
- Answers all inquiries for transit times, freight cost quotes, and carrier inquiries.
- Answers all inquiries from buyers, customer service, sales offices, planning, and carriers for in-transit material status and transit time estimates.
- Creates proper export documents for facility logistics or shipping personnel for timely shipment of completed orders. Creates/maintains database for individual country requirements.
- Processes and resolve issues related to the return of delivered orders.
- Files cargo claims for inbound damages and shortages.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned related to logistics and transportation.
- Point of contact for Customer Care, Purchasing and Procurement for transportation provider issues or information.
- Point of contact for Customer Care and Sales for handling returns of delivered orders.
- Troubleshoot issues directly with transportation providers to resolve issues.
- Point of contact for Sales and facility personnel for the creation of international documentation
- Point of contact for issues related to trade compliance.
- Assist with completion of international export documentation quickly after approvals.
- Accurate and timely communication to Logistics Manager, customers, planners, buyers, facility personnel, Sales and Customer Care.
What qualifications will make you successful?
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in logistics or transportation in a global manufacturing environment.
- Experience with MRP/ERP systems or other manufacturing/purchasing systems and Windows-based PC programs.
- Professional logistics, and/or supply chain certifications are highly desirable. [e.g. ISM (APP,CPM) or APICS (CPIM, CIRM). Lean Supply Chain Certifications]
- Knowledgeable of domestic and international logistics’ operations.
- Import and Export compliance.
- BA or BS in Logistics Management, Purchasing/Operations Management, or Business, or equivalent business experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing and interact effectively with personnel to accomplish tasks.
- Must be action-oriented with an ability for finding opportunity and solving problems.
- Must be able to operate in a dynamic, ever changing environment, thus being able to adapt to a fast-paced workplace.
- Detail oriented with ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, PowerPoint and Word
(External) English Qualifications:
What's in it for me?
- Paid Holidays and PTO Program
- Employee Recognition Rewards
- Company Matching Personal Charitable Donations
- Safety Shoe and Safety Prescription Glasses Voucher Program
- Tuition Reimbursement for Qualifying Programs
- Company Discount Portal
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance provided by Company
- Well-being Program providing the ability to earn rewards
- 401(k) + Company Match
Schneider Electric offers a robust benefits package to support our employees such as flexible work arrangements, paid family leave, 401(k)+ match, and more. Click here to find out more about working with us: http://se.com/us/careers
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
(External) English Company Boiler Plate:
Schneider Electric is leading the digital transformation of energy management and automation. Our technologies enable the world to use energy in a safe, efficient and sustainable manner. We strive to promote a global economy that is both ecologically viable and highly productive.
€25.7bn global revenue
137 000+ employees in 100+ countries
45% of revenue from IoT
5% of revenue devoted for R&D
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct. Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Your application has been successfully submitted.