Logistics & Compliance Manager, Adhesive Operations
Collaboration drives Nordson’s success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Adhesive Dispensing Systems (ADS) sets the global standard in hot melt machines and dispensing, coating, and laminating systems. Manufacturers rely on our equipment for packaging, product assembly and surface treatment applications. With a leading services and support network, we help our customers worldwide increase manufacturing efficiencies and produce the highest quality products.
Responsible for maintaining, further developing, and executing initiatives to ensure a robust Trade Compliance Management Program. Has a thorough understanding of complex federal import & export laws and regulations.
Work closely with Nordson’s Freight Forwarders to coordinate freight movement to meet delivery expectations across a global supply chain. Supports strategic initiatives in coordination with the Corporate Logistics function.
Responsibilities will include managing multiple projects, contributing knowledge and developing leaders, performing analysis, developing solutions, justifying investments, managing implementation of projects, integrating systems with processes, providing training, and measuring results. Manage, mentor and develop Import/Export Analysts and Export Coordinators.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the subject matter expert for import & export compliance, providing advice and guidance on compliance, policies, and procedures.
- Ensure that the activities of the business unit comply with applicable import & export control laws and regulations, as well as requirements set forth in the Export Management and Compliance Program and Nordson’s Internal Customs Policies and Import Procedures Manual.
- Provide documentation for and respond to corrective actions associated with EEI audits.
- Develop and maintain standard work documentation relative to import & export transactions and documentation processing, and other export process related subject matters.
- Develop and conduct import & export related training as needed.
- Develop import & export compliance KPIs.
- Assist with assignment of HTS and ECCN codes to new and existing products.
- Assist with completion of C-TPAT audits and implementation of initiatives to ensure C-TPAT certification is maintained.
- Stay abreast of changes to import & export control laws and regulations; communicate and ensure appropriate action is taken to stay in compliance.
- Review/analyze rejected freight bills for resolution and ensure they are coded with the correct general ledger codes prior to approval.
- Process export documentation for Certificates of Origin/Compliance/Quality, and ITAR
- Perform research and special projects as assigned.
- Drive continuous improvement ensuring best practice sharing and constant drive for cost excellence.
- Assist with processing Duty Drawbacks for imported/excisable material used in the manufacture of exported goods.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in International Trade, or related field preferred
- Minimum 3 years of experience in trade compliance related field
- Licensed customs broker a plus
Skills and Abilities
- Attention to detail and critical thinking and analysis necessary
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
Office environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Noise level is usually moderate.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson’s Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
Your application has been successfully submitted.