Logistics & Materials Coordinator
Full Job Description
Collins Aerospace is looking for a Logistics & Materials Coordinator who will facilitate International & Domestic shipments of nacelle components from our smart factory. You will collaborate daily with production coordinators to ensure KPI’s are met and on-time delivery of end item components is maintained globally. In addition, you will also have significant interaction with Supply Chain, Production Control, Quality Assurance, Transportation, Aftermarket and other key logistics focals.
The position is working onsite at our Foley AL facility. Relocation assistance is available
- Plan, prepare and process export, import and trans-border activities by country
- Conduct day-to-day trade activities to ensure international shipments are in compliance including: shipping documentation, export license determination, Harmonized System Code (HS) classification, valuation and Incoterms
- Establish and maintain a working relationship with all intra company departments to fully understand the business, technical aspects of the product, applications and other business resources
- Work with both internal and external partners to implement and monitor trade compliance processes and adherence to FTZ (Foreign Trade Zone) requirements
- Follow designated SOPs, Work Instructions and comply with all safety guidelines
- Support the finance department regarding billing and accounts receivable issues
- Achieve departmental objectives and KPI’s, develop and document procedures to streamline business operations to improve team efficiencies and productivities
- Perform and manage administrative functional support to the shipping/receiving departments
- File export transactions with CBP via ACE/AES for ITN's to be used on commercial invoice and other export documents
- Work with International Trade Compliance (ITC) on inbound and outbound material, into and out of designated Foreign Trade Zones (FTZ) and ensure proper paperwork is filed with Customs by Collins' and/or by freight forwarders leveraging bonded carriers
- Plan, schedule and manage the efficient movement of finished goods, completing all required paperwork to all internal and external compliance requirements
- Perform SAP transactions as required for parts being purchased, received & shipped for accurate inventory management
- Record shipped & received items according to established system procedures
- Organize materials for quality inspections as applicable before shipment
- Utilize FTL, LTL, OTR, Air, Ocean, Small Pack and other various carrier types to ship product to customers
- Ad hoc projects and other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years of prior relevant experience
- In absence of a degree, 6 years of relevant experience is required
- Must be a U.S. Person/Permanent Resident "Green Card" holder
- Work experience in SAP systems/transactions and AES Export Filings
- Knowledge of lean manufacturing processes (CORE/Six Sigma)
- APICS CPIM or CLTD
- Lean/Material Boot Camp
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees
- 2+ Years’ experience in international trade compliance
- Strong experience in Global Freight Forwarding and Customhouse Broker operations
- Strong knowledge on customs regimes such as harmonized tariff schedules, customs valuations, controlled products, country of origin rules, free trade programs, import VAT rules and US law on banned/boycotted countries
- Ability to direct, analyze, support, execute and implement all U.S. import/export Compliance operations
- Knowledge of inventory processes such as parts flow, FIFO, JIT, Kanbans, etc
- Ability to manage several projects of varying complexity simultaneously and effectively.
- Excellent MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Experience with ERPs system and Customer Relationship Management applications
- Strong understanding of company Ethics, Integrity and Social Responsibility policies
- Excellent organizational, team and communication skills to work independently and take initiative to address issues
Collins Aerospace, a Raytheon Technologies company, is a leader in technologically advanced and intelligent solutions for the global aerospace and defense industry.
Collins Aerospace has the capabilities, comprehensive portfolio and expertise to solve customers’ toughest challenges and to meet the demands of a rapidly evolving global market.
Our Advanced Structures team leverages advanced materials and additive manufacturing to develop complex interior and exterior solutions. These solutions ensure structural integrity of the aircraft, help aircraft take off and land, stay trim in the air, move forward, carry cargo and conduct rescues. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class service. Our global team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
Collins Aerospace Diversity & Inclusion Statement:
Diversity drives innovation; inclusion drives success. We believe a multitude of approaches and ideas enable us to deliver the best results for our workforce, workplace, and customers. We are committed to fostering a culture where all employees can share their passions and ideas so we can tackle the toughest challenges in our industry and pave new paths to limitless possibility.
WE ARE REDEFINING AEROSPACE.
- Please consider the following role type definitions as you apply for this role.
Onsite: Employees who are working in Onsite roles will work primarily onsite. This includes all production and maintenance employees, as they are essential to the development of our products.
Hybrid: Employees who are working in Hybrid roles will work regularly both onsite and offsite. Ratio of time working onsite will be determined in partnership with your leader.
Remote: Employees who are working in Remote roles will work primarily offsite (from home). An employee may be expected to travel to the site location as needed.
Regardless of your role type, collaboration and innovation are critical to our business and all employees will have access to digital tools so they can work with colleagues around the world – and access to Collins sites when their work requires in-person meetings.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
- Generous 401(k) plan that includes employer matching funds and separate employer retirement contribution, including a Lifetime Income Strategy option
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Student Loan Repayment Program
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Optional coverages you can buy: pet insurance, home and auto insurance, additional life and accident insurance, critical illness insurance, group legal, ID theft protection
- Birth, adoption, parental leave benefits
- Ovia Health, fertility, and family planning
- Adoption Assistance
- Autism Benefit
- Employee Assistance Plan, including up to 10 free counseling sessions
- Healthy You Incentives, wellness rewards program
- Doctor on Demand, virtual doctor visits
- Bright Horizons, child and elder care services
- Teladoc Medical Experts, second opinion program
- And more!
Nothing matters more to Collins Aerospace than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
- Background check and drug screen required (every external new hire in the U.S.)
- Drug Screen only performed on re-hires who have been gone for more than 1 year
At Collins, the paths we pave together lead to limitless possibility. And the bonds we form – with our customers and with each other - propel us all higher, again and again.
Apply now and be part of the team that’s redefining aerospace, every day.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Your application has been successfully submitted.