Full Job Description
We begin with dreams. Dreams drive our motivation. Dreams are our future. The world's dreams, people's dreams, our dreams. Our passion creates ideas that make dreams come alive. Technology and products that were only dreams become reality.
All for dreams. Dreams challenge and the Nidec-Group will continue to meet the challenge. For the world's and people's tomorrows; the world's first, the world's best technologies and products; we will continue our part in creating a better society.
Arrange efficient, cost-effective quality transportation on time to our customers while complying with all rules and regulations.Job Description
- Schedule transportation / Book carrier for customer shipments
- Update shipment information in customer portal
- Review intercompany purchase orders against shipments
- Arrange transportation for expedite shipments
- Arranging export shipments, completing commercial invoice and appropriate reports
- Track incoming shipments and communicate
- Responsible for making timely, accurate traffic decisions with internal departments for all imports and export shipments.
- Develop and properly maintain all files, documents, and records to support all regulatory audit criteria.
- Review and audit freight bills and analyze costs, quality, and delivery for continuous improvements. File claims as necessary
- Preference given to candidates with three years experience in transportation and/or logistics with an understanding of trade compliance
- Demonstrate ability to work independently with minimal supervision is a must
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving, and multitasking skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exhibit excellent judgment, decision and discretion abilities
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, with ability to manage conflicting priorities
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate proficient knowledge of computer systems MS Office, Word and Excel, databases, and programs
- Demonstrate ability to work professionally with both internal and external customers
- Oracle Experience Preferred
Additional Job Details
- HS Diploma or equivalent, Preference will be given to candidates with an associate degree
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at Nidec
Nidec is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, genetic information, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following website: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
Nidec will not accept unsolicited resumes from individual recruiters or third party recruiting agencies in response to Nidec job postings. No fee will be paid to third parties who submit unsolicited candidates directly to our hiring managers. Pre-approval from the Nidec Talent Acquisition team is required before any external candidate can be submitted and such candidate must be submitted to the Nidec Talent Acquisition team.
Your application has been successfully submitted.