Client Import Analyst
Full Job Description
Client Import Analyst
Join Livingston, the largest customs broker in Canada and the third largest entry filer in the U.S. We’re a market leader offering customs brokerage, consulting and compliance, and freight forwarding services at more than 90 key locations in North America, Europe and Asia. Customs brokerage is our core business and helping our customers navigate the complex and changing world of international trade is what we do best. Consider joining our team for the opportunity to grow your career. From entry level to expert advisors, our supportive culture of learning will help you get the career you want.
Job Type: Full Time
Location: NY Tonawanda - US041
This position reports to the Manager, Service Delivery and acts as the primary support and day to day client contact for the client service teams/operations to ensure quality standards are met and the integrity of the client records/system defaults are maintained and compliant; facilitate release and entry summary completion; accountable for a range of client and customs process management and compliance activities including release support, tariff database management, classifications, client instructions/requirements maintenance and auditing service delivery activities to ensure client service delivery satisfaction. This position assists in ensuring that all entries are classified and billed accurately and within LII service standards to ensure their clients' complete satisfaction.
KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build and maintain excellent, direct working relationship with the client and/or carriers, provides day to day contact and support.
- Prioritize and complete work according to client's needs, demands, customs requirements and Livingston standards for release conditions and ensure compliance.
- Create and proactively maintain the client tariff database, ensuring all associated system maintenance files/information, associated vendors and keywords are accurate and current in order to take advantage of data defaults for accurate quality output and one-step processing. Update information as necessary.
- Verify documentation for release conditions, compliance and rating compliance (e.g., free trade certificates).
- Create, maintain and adhere to client Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Exceptions to Standard Procedures (ESPs).
- Identify opportunities to improve service delivery, operational productivity and relationships within North American Brokerage operations.
- Ensure accurate and timely release and rating of shipments on all modes of transportation for their assigned client base, including auditing work completed by Release Pool or the NSC in Air/Sea locations.
- Provide support, guidance and mentoring to Release Operations members to ensure accurate release and rating activities are completed to achieve service levels (non-Air/Sea locations only).
- Escalate items for additional resolutions or return entries to release team members and recommend corrective actions.
- Create customs entries in appropriate system through proper vendor and keyword selection and interpretation of Customs document for both high and low value shipments. Key in shipment information for EDI release, rating and billing, ensuring that all mandatory fields are completed and accurate.
- In a professional manner, work directly with and contact clients/carriers to obtain missing documentation, information and/or instructions.
- Works directly with Customs and PGA's as necessary.
- Conduct periodic checks to ensure accurate application of tariff and valuation along with proper selection of client/importer information.
- Responsible to conduct documented internal audit.
- Assist MSD in compiling and reporting performance measurement statistics for the Client Service Team.
- Participate fully with other team members in the day-to-day operations of the team, including setting priorities, organizing and scheduling work, coordinating with others, problem-solving and decision-making, participating in meetings and handling special projects.
- Proactively coordinate and implement electronic data relationships to gain efficiencies and improve one-step processing.
- Keep abreast of new systems developments.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to established policies and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- Excellent oral and written communication and organizational skills.
- Client Service oriented - interpersonal skills with internal/external clients and coworkers.
- Ability to handle large volumes and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Attention to detail; organization, completeness and accuracy.
- Good analytical skills with problem-solving ability.
- Ability to make decisions and recommendations within authorized limitations.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to present a professional image.
- Knowledge of Word and Excel software.
- Office equipment/machinery used: Personal computer and common business machines/software
WORK EXPERIENCE – MINIMUM REQUIRED
3 years of related experience
Required: High School/GED or equivalent
Preferred: Associates Degree or post-secondary education
Working towards/or successful completion of the Certified Customs Specialists (CCS) designation with the Canadian Society of Customs Brokers (CSCB) or the National Customs Brokers & Forwarders Association of America (NCBFAA) is a requirement, if not already obtained.
Successful completion of the CCS examination is a mandatory requirement for further advancement.
Business Acumen and Straight Talk
Customer First Focus
Leading and Developing
Inclusion and Collaboration
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
For Canada: Livingston is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating and sustaining an inclusive environment in which all individuals are treated with dignity, respect and one which reflects the diversity of the community in which we operate. Accommodations are available for applicants and employees with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodations for interviews or other meetings, please advise when submitting your application.
Your application has been successfully submitted.