Manager, Customs Compliance (Remote)
Full Job Description
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (“ABL”) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (“ISG”), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems, and location-aware applications.
Manage processes to ensure that import and export transactions for ABL comply with Customs laws and regulations of the United States and Canada. Responsible for ensuring that Global Trade Compliance policies, procedures and controls have been implemented for import and export activities. In the case of imports, this includes monitoring import pre-entry processes, import entry facilitation processes, and post-entry auditing. For exports, responsibilities include monitoring pre-export processes and documentation processes used for exporting goods from ABL.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Assist compliance analyst with a risk analysis for imports into the US and Canada and reporting results to the Director of Global Trade Compliance on specific areas of concern that may present a business risk based on historical data, and/or new or potentially new regulations.
- Managing and implementing all aspects of C-TPAT throughout the USA manufacturing plants and distribution centers. Working with the plant, DC, and security management to ensure proper execution of C-TPAT and security policies and procedure. Ensuring portal is kept up to date. On boarding acquisitions into ABL C-TPAT. Responsible for C-TPAT validations in the USA.
- Managing the analysis for USMCA and other Free Trade Agreements (CAFTA, Panama, S. Korea, etc.) qualification and overseeing proper issuances of Certificates of Origin for exports from the United States. This includes responding to US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) if, and when, NAFTA verifications audits are conducted or when information is requested by CBP.
- Planning for and participating in multifaceted educational and training programs for internal and external partners that focus on the elements of the Global Trade Compliance program.
- Overseeing Restricted Party Screening function.
- Reviewing the HTS classification assignments for Open Demand and various work queues that are assigned.
- Assist the Director of Trade Compliance with Duty Drawback and Reconciliation Processes.
- Manage the monthly ACH accrual and offsetting for duty payments.
- Assist the Director of Trade Compliance with the managing and declaring Assists.
- Working with the Director of Global Trade Compliance as necessary, to ensure compliance processes and audits are performed according to best practices.
- Managing the process of updating the Global Trade Compliance Policies and Procedures Manual for US import/export activities.
- Managing the daily and annual self-audit processes for import transactions.
- Buy America/Buy American programs experience is a plus.
Education (minimum education required)
Bachelor of Science
Bachelor of Business Administration
Preferred Education (i.e. type of degree)
Master of Science
Master of Business Administration
Experience (minimum experience required)
- 6-8 years of experience
- In depth knowledge of CFR 19 and EAR
- Must have experience with C-TPAT, HTS assignment, Country of origin management, assists, and how to read a BOM
- Proven ability to train business owners of Global Trade Compliance needs
- In depth knowledge of Access, Excel PowerPoint and Word. Especially v lookups, pivot tables and macros
- Verbal and written communication skills are essential
- Licensed Customs Broker
Preferred Experience (i.e. industry experience)
- Maquiladora Experience
- Light work
- Sedentary Work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
E-Verify Participation Poster
Your application has been successfully submitted.