International Export Specialist
Full Job Description
International Export Specialist
About this Opportunity
Responsible for the preparation of export documentation for all international customers, subsidiaries, and licensees. Prepare export documentation for all international customers, communicate with International Transportation regarding carrier status, and remain informed of any necessary document changes from the International Customer Care Representative or directly from the international customer.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as someone who . . .
- Ability to provide landed cost analysis to others within Herman Miller International.
- Communicate with customers to ensure customs declaratory and transportation documents are properly completed and transmitted for the timely release of product from customs custody within the intended country of importation.
- Communicate with freight forwarders regarding accurate transportation information and document completion to ensure bank negotiation is processed in a timely manner for shipments involving letters of credit.
- Coordinate pre-shipment inspection of product with SGS and other contracted authorities.
- Prepare export documentation accurately and promptly using various interfacing order management systems, i.e. LES, MSR VE, MSR VI
- Prepare export documentation for foreign-to-foreign orders.
- Process and maintain export document files to comply with U.S. export regulations and foreign customs import regulations.
- Reach logical decisions based upon available information to expeditiously manage export transactions.
- Remain informed of any changes to U.S. Customs and U.S. Commerce Department Export Regulations that affect Herman Miller, Inc.
- Responsible for a general understanding of the North American Free Trade Agreement process within the International Services Organization.
- Responsible for completion of Shipper’s Export Declaration as defined by U.S. Export Administration Regulations.
- Use professionally developed skills to judge situations and reach conclusions that support corporate goals regarding strict compliance of the U.S. Export Regulations to avoid penalty situations.
- Work with Credit Department on account reconciliation’s as needed.
- Performs additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
Sound Like You?
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have . . .
- Bachelor's Degree in Logistics, International Business. or related disciplines required.
- Equivalent experience which demonstrates a similar proficiency required.
- 3 years of experience International Trade Experience required.
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. Export Regulations and U.S. Customs export enforcement programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience involving international trade.
- Demonstrated verbal and interpersonal communication skills, with an ability to interpret and correctly react to people, incidences or situations that are open to misunderstanding due to cultural differences.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation, communication, software and tools currently used in the HMI office environment.
- Must show demonstrated ability to fulfill regulatory requirements and understand and fulfill international customers import requirements.
- Thorough knowledge of International Trade Terms (INCOTerms).
Our values speak to our shared beliefs. They describe how we live our purpose through the way we lead, the way we see one another, and the way we approach our work.
We are difference-makers reflects our commitments to creating places that matter, to being a good neighbor in our communities, and to using business as a force for good.
We are all extraordinary is our statement about the worth of individuals and our commitment to help everyone reach their full potential.
We are better together demonstrates how challenging one another, making room for everyone, and working and winning as one makes us stronger.
Who We Hire
Simply put, we hire everyone. MillerKnoll is comprised of people of all abilities, gender identities and expressions, ages, ethnicities, sexual orientations, veterans from every branch of military service, and more. Here, you can bring your whole self to work. We’re committed to equal opportunity employment, including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Work Schedule: 8am-5pm
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland
Your application has been successfully submitted.