Sr. Import/Export Specialist
Full Job Description
The Senior Import / Export Specialist will be responsible to support the overall global commercial logistics framework, trade partner performance, while developing business relationships with key internal and external partners. This position will work in collaboration with commercial Sales, Operations, Finance, Regulatory and Trade Partners to ensure optimal logistic performance and control of company product.
Serve as an expert import / export logistics liaison and resource for manufacturing, distribution and procurement associates throughout the Inari global supply chain network.
- Supports the Global Logistics Manager on the development and refinement of logistic strategy as required to support Inari’s Sales, Operations and manufacturing commercial expansion initiatives.
- Collaborates with various business functions (including Legal, Finance, HR, Engineering, Supply Chain, Marketing and Sales, Corporate Strategy) to understand business needs and potential import/export process gaps.
- Establish and maintain global trade compliance policies and procedures that directly impact import / export logistics.
- Maintain account relationships and act as point of contact for all logistic issues, including internal report-outs summarizing sourcing status, parts availability and cost status.
- Supports the identification and onboarding of new Trade Partners and bid events including but not limited to screening, communications, RFP, negotiations, and contracting/administration for all modes of transportation (including full truckload, LTL, parcel, intermodal, rail, air and ocean), 3PL/4PL providers, raw material transloading, and warehousing/distribution services.
- Conduct root cause analysis for all service failures to avoid future occurrence.
- Develop, track, and report appropriate Import / Export KPIs.
- Support other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree, with a concentration in Logistics, Supply Chain, or Transportation preferred.
- Minimum 5 years in import / export compliance
- Strong working knowledge of customs laws, Incoterms, HTS classification, US customs regulations exporting to the EU, APAC, LATAM, and other geographies as required.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to translate complex legal concepts into simple statements and propose/develop practical business solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills with the ability to communicate effectively on legal and compliance issues verbally and in writing, in a clear and understandable manner.
- Project management skills necessary to lead projects and drive them to completion effectively and timely
- Strong relationship building and vendor management/negotiation skills.
- Accountable for results, strives to meet and exceed expectations.
- Collaborates well, builds partnerships with others to meet shared objectives.
- Project management, planning, and task tracking skills.
- Time management/prioritization and follow-up skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, strong critical thinking and data analysis skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
For United States Applicants Only:
Inari Medical E-Verify Poster (English and Spanish)
Inari Medical Right to Work Poster (English)
Inari Medical Right to Work Poster (Spanish)
Job Type: Full-time
Your application has been successfully submitted.