International Trade Compliance Specialist
Full Job Description
The Import/Export Analyst II ensures legal compliance and provides import/export administration and control within government rules and regulations, including appropriate licensing for shipments. This role interfaces with internal and external customers, and other functional areas to ensure coordination and logistics for the shipment. This position selects carrier/forwarder for shipment of products and ensures appropriate documentation is processed for the order. Additionally, this position reviews contracts for required clauses and identifies omissions and areas of concern, as well as utilizes experience to assess usefulness of various government programs that may be used to ship goods.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Reviews international orders to ensure necessary documentation is submitted to the government.
- Verifies data contained within the international order for accuracy.
- Reviews product listed on order with government guidelines to ensure product can be shipped to the country specified.
- Determines the appropriateness of utilizing government programs to process orders.
- Self-classifies product when necessary utilizing knowledge of schedule B and HTS guidelines to ensure timely processing of orders.
- Submits filing of the Electronic Export Information (EEI) electronically to the Federal Government through the ACE Secure Data Portal.
- Responds to internal and external helpdesk inquires from concerning international shipments and/or issue resolution.
- Performs screening of the "bill to" and "ship to" addresses to ensure product is not being shipped to individuals or corporations identified as high risk by the U.S. government.
- Responds to internal and external inquiries concerning shipments and/or issue resolution.
- Collects appropriate documentation for historical record keeping.
- Performs initial review of export documents submitted by customers.
- Responds to inquiries from customs or foreign governments concerning a specific export
- Assists the department in the efficient processing of transportation requirements for international orders and quotes.
- Reviews documents submitted by external entities (including customers) for appropriateness.
- Assists the customer relations department with returning goods through customs.
- Assists coworkers and team leader in management of the export/import area when necessary.
- Provides international freight quotes to internal customers.
- Processes international drop shipments.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- 2 years international compliance experience.
Other Required Qualifications
- Working knowledge of Bureau of Industry and Security requirements and guidelines.
- Familiarity with US import/export laws.
- Demonstrated creative problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders.
- Good analytical skills with critical attention to detail.
- Bi-lingual a plus.
- Familiarity with government contracts and processes.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.