Director of Accounts Payable (Remote)
Full Job Description
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE: AYI) is a market-leading industrial technology company. We use technology to solve problems in spaces and light. Through our two business segments, Acuity Brands Lighting and Lighting Controls (“ABL”) and the Intelligent Spaces Group (“ISG”), we design, manufacture, and bring to market products and services that make the world more brilliant, productive, and connected. We achieve growth through the development of innovative new products and services, including lighting, lighting controls, building management systems, and location-aware applications.
We're seeking a talented and enthusiastic individual to lead the Accounts Payable team in a high-volume manufacturing environment. The Director is responsible for implementing the vision, mission, and department strategy that supports the company's overall strategic goals and values. This position is highly visible across the organization, with a priority on maintaining important vendor relationships in the Acuity Brands ecosystem that allows us to negotiate with an owner’s mindset and from a position of strength.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure that Accounts Payable functions effectively support the procurement of materials and services to satisfy customer demand
- Partner with internal stakeholders to leverage vendor discounts, payment terms, rebates programs, and indirect spending (including Travel and Purchasing card administration)
- Full cycle AP function as well as month-end sub-ledger close, balance sheet reconciliations reporting, supplier maintenance, and overall governance
- Recommend and implement best practices that leverage technology and automation to standardize workflow and processes across multiple platforms
- Reporting of AP metrics and other analytical information to the organization
- Review and modification of internal control processes and procedures
- Implement an effective & proactive communication strategy
- Project management, including systems & acquisition integration
What we are looking for in you
- Attention to detail: Does not let important details slip through the cracks or derail a project
- Collaboration: Works well with multiple individuals from across Supply Chain, Finance Planning & Analysis, Trade Compliance, Risk Management, other Accounting teams, and Internal and External Auditors
- Analytical Skills: Ability to structure and process qualitative and quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it; exhibit a probing mind and achieve penetrating insights
- Problem Solving: Ability to perform root cause and countermeasure analysis to find practical solutions to problems
- Communication: Ability to communicate clearly across multiple channels of communication (verbal, email, Microsoft tools, presentations)
- Engagement: Actively strives to build strong partnership with business leaders
- Pace: Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Motivation: Self-starter and strong desire to achieve results; Passionate about quality, results and progress
Education (minimum education required)
Bachelor of Science in Accounting
Preferred Education (i.e. type of degree)
Master of Business Administration in Accounting
Experience (minimum experience required)
- Preferred 7+ years of Accounting experience in the manufacturing industry, preferably focused on Cost Accounting and Management
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of US GAAP and Internal Controls (SOX)
- Strong leadership skills and dedication to delivering results
- Proven Advanced Technical Skills (Excel, Powerpoint, Power BI, Oracle, OneStream)
- Sedentary Work
We invite you to apply today to join us as We Light the Way to a Brilliant, Productive, and Connected World!
We value diversity and are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regards to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, ethnicity or national origin, disability, pregnancy, religion, covered veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please click here and here for more information.
Accommodation for Applicants with Disabilities: As an equal opportunity employer, Acuity Brands is committed to providing reasonable accommodations in its application process for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you have difficulty using our online system due to a disability and need an accommodation, you may contact us at (770) 922-9000. Please clearly indicate what type of accommodation you are requesting and for what requisition.
Any unsolicited resumes sent to Acuity Brands from a third party, such as an Agency recruiter, including unsolicited resumes sent to an Acuity Brands mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Acuity Brands employees, or to Acuity Brands resume database will be considered Acuity Brands property. Acuity Brands will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.
Acuity Brands will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees. This includes any Agency that is an approved/engaged vendor, but does not have the appropriate approvals to be engaged on a search.
E-Verify Participation Poster
Your application has been successfully submitted.