Manager, Trade Compliance - Remote
Full Job Description
Auto req ID: 21709
Title: Manager, Trade Compliance - Remote
Job Function: Risk Management
Company: Harley-Davidson Motor Company
Full or Part-Time: Full Time
At Harley-Davidson, we are building more than machines. It’s our passion and commitment to continue the evolution of this storied brand, and heighten the desirability of the Harley-Davidson experience. To keep building our legend and leading our industry through innovation, evolution, and emotion we need the best and brightest talent. We stand for the timeless pursuit of adventure. Freedom for the soul. Are you ready to join us?
We maximize employee flexibility and well-being through a virtual mindset that supports our highly distributed, global workforce. We take an outcome-focused, people-centered approach to winning, including welcoming the best talent - wherever they may be.
This remote role is not tightly linked to a physical location and provides flexibility in where, when and how you accomplish your work.
This position serves as a subject matter expert in Global Trade Compliance. Using experience and knowledge of U.S. and foreign trade regulations this position will set and execute the strategy for delivering on operational efficiency in trade compliance processes and duty avoidance. This position relies on extensive experience and judgment to ensure achievement of corporate business objectives and operational goals. This individual has a depth and breadth of knowledge and experience in customs matters, import/export regulations, and dealing with government authorities. Excellent communication and research and analytical skills are used to communicate complex information and influence others.
- Stay current with Trade regulations and changes to the global Trade landscape
- Formulating and communicating a strategic vision for compliance and leading strategic projects and initiatives relating to the Trade Compliance function
- Identify and leverage opportunities to minimize costs / increase efficiency through available trade agreements and trade facilitation programs
- Partner with business functions to develop Regional Trade Compliance Policies & Procedures across the business and ensure application
- Lead and/or provide Trade Compliance subject matter expertise to the business
- Develop and manage Trade Compliance controls and metrics
- Manage a team of Regional Trade Compliance staff
Bachelor's Degree Required
Preferably in business, international trade, supply chain, legal studies, or a related field
- Minimum of 8 years of professional experience including trade compliance or related
- Experience working with customs brokers, 3PLs and government regulatory agencies
- Ability to interpret and apply trade laws and regulations to H-D business operations and strategies
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills, including the ability to advocate compliance positions and positively interact across all levels throughout the corporation
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and effectively prioritize and execute
- Managing and leading a staff
- Knowledge and experience of Trade regulations across multiple global regions (US, EU, Asia and Latin America)
- Trade compliance experience within the automotive or power sports industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
Harley-Davidson is an equal opportunity employer that continues to build a culture of inclusion, belonging and equity through our commitment to attracting and retaining diverse talent from all backgrounds, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. We believe in fairness and providing a level playing field for all. We foster a culture that thrives on diverse perspectives and contributions to ignite the creativity and innovation to fuel our business and enhance the employee and customer experience.
The pay range shown represents the national average pay range for this role. Your pay may be more or less than the stated range and is dependent on your geographic location and level of experience.
We offer an inclusive compensation package for all full-time salaried employees including, but not limited to, annual bonus programs, health insurance benefits, a 401k program, onsite fitness centers and employee stores, employee discounts on products and accessories, and more. Learn more about Harley-Davidson here.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Direct Reports: Yes
Travel Required: 25 - 50%
Pay Range: 109,000 - 163,000
Visa Sponsorship: This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship
Relocation: This position is not eligible for relocation assistance
Your application has been successfully submitted.